Position: Vice President of Supply Chain
Location: Montreal, QC
Description: Aldo Group is seeking to fill a key leadership role, the Vice President of Supply Chain, to take the supply chain to the next level.
Aldo Group’s supply chain is complex and diverse, serving retail, direct-to-consumer, and wholesale customers in North America, Europe, the Middle East, and Asia.
It has evolved from a Montreal-centric retail distribution model to a global, multi-channel model incrementally over time. There is a massive opportunity to rethink and restructure the supply chain – given Aldo Group’s current and future business – into a world-class operation delivering.
- Reports to the Chief Operating Officer, who also is responsible for Global Sourcing of merchandise and Information Technology
- Oversee the supply chain functions of inbound and outbound transportation, customs and trade, and distribution center operations worldwide.
- Serve a diverse set of customers from owned retail operations to end consumers to franchise operators to wholesale accounts, meeting key requirements in terms of continuity of supply, on-time delivery and speed, with a total cost of ownership mindset.
- Build, develop, and manage a strong team of professionals to run the operations and truly become a leadership team for the organization.
- Collaborate with the operating divisions and other shared services and operations groups to develop and implement a supply chain strategy for Aldo’s current and future business
- Set and achieve operating and financial goals / budgets as a major contributor to the profitability of Aldo Group, both in terms of cost efficiency but also fulfilling demand.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Engineering, Business, Supply Chain or similar is required. MBA preferred.
- Minimum 15 years of retail or consumer goods supply chain, distribution, logistics experience, preferably including distribution both in and outside of North America (US and/or Canada). Fashion footwear / apparel experience a plus.
- Experience with multichannel businesses including retail, e-commerce, franchise, and/or wholesale fulfillment.
- Experience in transforming existing supply chains into world class operations through major change projects involving network strategy and design, operational and organizational restructuring, and major capital programs.
- Strong leadership skills, ability to set, communicate, and follow-through on a strategic vision for supply chain.
- Deep understanding of best practices in supply chain, a desire to constantly learn and continuously improve.
- High degree of financial and quantitative acumen, clear understanding of the development and use of a business case to justify major investments and programs.
- Comfortable with the use of KPI’s to set goals and provide transparency inside and outside of the supply chain organization.
- Able to attend trade shows and travel to North American and overseas facilities 4-6 times per year
- Strong ability to persuade and influence others while working well in a team environment
- Experience with WMS, OMS, and other supply chain management tools a plus
- Strong English written and verbal communication required