Company: Business Development Bank of Canada
Position: US Market Entry Consultant
Location: Opportunities in British Columbia and Alberta
BDC’s International Growth Program offers a complete solution to help ensure Canadian Entrepreneurs’ expansion and exporting projects produce the positive results they are looking for.
As a Network Consultant on a contractual basis you will:
• Provide consulting advisory services to entrepreneurs based on BDC methodology;
• Collaborate with a team of professionals at BDC to deliver impactful advisory services;
• Help entrepreneurs analyse, decide and strategize on their US market growth strategy;
• Help entrepreneurs increase sales, market share, expand their reach, and become a bigger player in their industry;
• Help entrepreneurs maximize their chances of success and mitigate risks;
• Guide entrepreneurs to understand key market entry criteria and competitors, determine their ideal partner profile, develop a comprehensive strategic plan, provide the support and guidance they need for successful market entry.
Skills and Qualifications:
If you can answer YES to the following questions, you could be the person we are looking for!
• Do you have a track record as a business strategist helping Canadian companies penetrate the US market?
• Do you have a degree in International Trade or equivalency?
• Do you work as an independent consultant and are looking to add to your base of opportunities?
• Do you have a sixth sense that lets you identify entrepreneurs’ business issues and needs?
• Do your clients and business contacts remember you because your advice works and you provide outstanding customer service?
BDC’s consulting services are designed to meet the unique needs of small and medium‑sized businesses to help them accelerate growth, improve productivity and strengthen their management skills.
4 good reasons to become part of our BDC Consultant Network:
1. Partner with a renowned organization
We are Canada’s Business Development Bank and the only financial institution dedicated exclusively to entrepreneurs. We’ve been working with entrepreneurs for 70 years.
2. Learn and grow
You will have access to training, tools and support.
3. Work with clear methodologies
Our standardized consulting solutions ensure quality-oriented delivery for our clients.
4. Make a difference
To Submit Your Application, please send your resume to Daniel Sirois, National Coordinator, Consultant Management, email@example.com
Only selected applicants will be contacted.
BDC clients using both financing and consulting reported up to 25% higher sales growth and 13% higher productivity growth than non-clients achieved.*
* Source: Statistics Canada analysis, 2013.