Position: Traffic Coordinator
Location: Toronto, ON
Description: The Traffic Coordinator will be responsible for the creation of logistical and regulatory documentation regarding the movement of goods, materials and samples to the customer in the most efficient & cost-effective manner. They will act as a resource to all internal customers for the movement of freight in the domestic, transborder and international markets, and provide relevant information and customer service to all external customers.
Apotex is the largest Canadian owned pharmaceutical company, and the largest producer of generic medicines in the country. We have an incredible team of bright, passionate, and committed individuals who are proudly dedicated to our mission of bringing a growing array of high quality, affordable medicines to healthcare systems in 115 countries around the globe. We are looking for the cream of the crop to join our team!
- Generate and assemble all documentation related to the transport of goods and materials to/from the US and International markets. Documentation includes Freight forwarder pre-alert worksheets, CARICOM invoices, Commercial Invoices, Packing Lists, Airway Bills, Certificates of Origin, Certificates of Analysis, Certificates of Manufacture & legalized documentation. Confirm all logistical documents are completed accurately & efficiently and filed in an organized file system.
- Collaborate with Traffic Analysts and assist in the scheduling of incoming and outgoing shipments to ensure effective utilization of freight forwarder services.
- Participate in the development of long term planning to support corporate goals, investigate new technologies and propose more economical traffic patterns to enhance customer service & reduce expenses.
- Act as a resource for all internal customers in the facilitation of outbound shipments, ensuring all documentation required is prepared and ensuring proper routing of shipments to maximize delivery in a cost effective manner.
- Communicate with external customers, providing shipment status notification and other related documentation, as well as arrange 3rd party inspections of finished goods on customer’s behalf.
- Ensure documents requiring Board of Trade certification and Consulate legalization are properly completed in a timely manner.
- Update and maintain customer profile and shipping instructions in SAP and all related databases.
- Prepare Letter of Credit, Draft & Beneficiary documentation.
- Create and maintain internal Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions and ensure all procedures with external partners are current.
- Ensure that all shipments are complete, accounting documents are created and oversee the entire shipment process utilizing internal systems.
- Practice good teamwork principles and update skill database as per role competencies.
- Works as a member of a team to achieve all outcomes.
- Performs all work in support of our Corporate Values of Pride, Accountability, Integrity and Diligence; Demonstrates strong and visible support of our values.
- Performs all work in accordance with all established regulatory and compliance and safety requirements.
- All other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- College or University graduate in a related Logistics discipline.
- 3 years minimum experience in the preparation of international transport and customs documentation.
- CITP®|FIBP® designation from FITT, CITT or P. Log an asset.
- IATA Dangerous Goods certification.
- Working knowledge of Letter of Credit and Documentary Credit procedures.
- Excellent working knowledge of: Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Working knowledge of Access and SAP.
- Must possess excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Possess excellent problem solving skills, detail-oriented and ability to work with minimal supervision.