Position: Trade Services Specialist
Location: Toronto, ON
Description: The Trade Services Specialist will provide excellent customer service by providing sound advice on LC applications, and review terms and conditions of SBLC/LG, Import and Export LC. They will also perform internal due diligence, AML/KYC, and the ability to identify unusual transactions.
- Ensure transactions are executed in a timely and accurate manner, in adherence with established Service Level Agreements.
- Ensure all aspects of the customers’ trade needs and address them in a manner consistent with Scotiabank Service Standards and Complaint Resolution Standards and in doing so positively differentiate the level of service/support provided to the customer from that provided by other financial institutions as it related to trade services.
- Verify that all applications received from clients are complete, compliant and appropriately authorized.
- Develop and maintain excellent specialist knowledge and strong understanding of Global Transaction Banking trade products, services and Pricing;
- Review Letters of Credit, Letter of Guarantees, Trade Loan Transactions and Documentary Collection transactions within the Bank’s authorized limits and pass on to the Trade Processing Centre (TPC) Hub for necessary processing and ensure timely completion of the process.
- Provide a high degree of service and support combined with innovative approaches to resolving Customer/Sales Officer issues while maintaining an overall low risk for the Centre.
- Effectively mitigate transaction and compliance risks for all transactions.
- Demonstrates proficiency in computers to ensure the smooth operations of transactions to be processed through TPC.
- Handle all duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Knowledge of Uniform Customs and Practice for Documentary Credits Publication No. 600, ISP98 and Uniform Rules for Collection URC522.
- Practical experience in handling issuance of Standby LCs, Guarantees and Import Letters of Credit, Examination and Checking of documents drawn under Import and Export Letters of Credit, Standby LCs and Guarantees.
- Good level of competency and awareness in global trade related matters as well as the Bank’s KYC and AML procedures.
- Good communication and problem solving\ing skills.
- Willing to work under pressure and extra hours when required.
- A good team player.
- Preferably a Certified Documentary Credit Specialist
- High level of computer proficiency.
- Full knowledge of T360 and LCS systems.
- Good working knowledge of SWIFT and BESS systems.
- Good working knowledge of accounting system such as GL, Funds Transfer, DDA Account, and On-Line Loan.
- Spanish speaking will be an asset.