Company: Royal Bank of Canada (RBC)
Position: Trade Services Officer
Location: Toronto, ON
Description: Reporting to the Manager, Trade Processing, the Trade Services Officer will offer support with the end to end processing of Trade Services products, i.e. Export/Import Documentary Letters of credit, Guarantees/Standby Letters of Credit, and Documentary Collections.
The incumbent will seek to ensure that due diligence for compliance related matters is adhered to and will be responsible for the end to end transactions for clients, internal/external clients, non clients, correspondent banking and RBC personnel as it relates to Trade Operations. Contributes to individual objectives by identifying and offering appropriate responses with a continuous focus on client transactions.
- Verify Export / Import Documents and release Export/Import Letters of credit presentations within delegated authorities.
- Verify Standby/Guarantee claims presented at RBC counters.
- Upon request by client, performs discrepancy clarification for Imports/Export & Guarantee/Standby presentations.
- Ability to prioritize for impact as it pertains to work load and volumes.
- Manage internal and external client relationships from a service perspective, including direct client interactions where appropriate.
- Proactively manage escalated items to satisfactory resolution.
- Responsible for the end to end transaction for internal/external clients.
- Provides consistent service within established Client Service Commitments/Service Partner Commitments and seeks to improve the quality, timeliness and consistency of responses to clients.
- Ensures that all paper documentation are filed according to audit practices.
- Exercise diligence in complying with operational risk policies and guidelines.
- Comply with Anti-Money Laundering guidelines and policies, Trade Restricted Countries and Risk Approval processes.
- Ensures all authorities (SECAF, delegated authorities, systems access) etc. are adhered too, reviewed and understood.
- Contributes to the overall success of the team by actively working together, sharing new ideas and best practices.
- Ensures that all required training remains current (AML, Code of Conduct, Health and Safety).
- Provide feedback to Manager in an ongoing effort to improve efficiency and improve customer service.
- Ensures the identification of recurring system and procedural problems, recommending possible solutions.
Skills and Qualifications:
- High level knowledge of Trade products and process (Import/Export/Documentary Collections & Standby/Guarantees)
- Knowledge of ICC600, URR525, Incoterms, ISP 98 Trade Product Folios
- 5-7 years Trade processing knowledge
- High level of proficiency on E-Tradeline
- High level of proficiency on Client Application
- Certified Document Credit Specialist (CDCS) preferred
- French Language preferred
- FITT Diploma preferred