Position: Trade Compliance Attorney
Location: Washington, DC
If you’re entrepreneurial, business-minded and always craving the next challenge, we would love to have you join us on our mission to shape the future of law as one of our new Trade Compliance Attorneys.
Our attorneys benefit from a self-directed practice, flexibility, top tier peers and access to the world’s largest and most innovative clients – all with a full suite of benefits including paid time off, healthcare and professional development resources.
Axiom is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workforce.
With over 1,200 (and growing) Axiomites based around the world, we seek to live up to the New York Times’ prediction that: “A more sweeping transformation may be on the horizon. And it may look a lot like Axiom”.
Our company is ranked #1 in business of law, innovation in corporate strategy andinnovation in law firm efficiency by the Financial Times, and our CEO Mark Harris is recognized by Forbes as a “name you need to know” and by the National Law Journal as a “top ten agent for change”.
Skills & Qualifications:
Currently, we’re on the hunt for exceptional trade compliance attorneys to join our ranks in the Washington, DC metro area with:
- 5+ years of experience at a top law firm or in-house legal department.
- Experience assessing export and import compliance processes, procedures and resources; preparing or reviewing export licenses; providing recommendations; and developing policies and procedures.
- Experience providing export control and customs (import) classification advice and counseling.
- Experience with ITAR and EAR; experience conducting investigations, audits, and assessments; experience navigating the relationships between various government agencies responsible for export control laws and regulations (i.e. CBP, BIS, DDTC, and others).
- Ability to work well in fast paced business and legal environment.
- An innovative approach to legal issues in support of strategic business initiatives and objectives.
- A high level of professionalism and outstanding business judgment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Active membership in the DC, MD, and/or VA bar required.