Position: Supply Chain Master Planner
Location: Niagara Falls, Ontario
Solvay Cytec is a first line supplier of specialty materials and technologies for a wide range of applications, from chemicals for the mining industry to industrial materials to advanced composite materials for aerospace. The company has four main business units: Aerospace Materials, Industrial Materials, In Process Separation and Additive Technologies. We are seeking a Production Planner to join the team at our Niagara Falls location in Canada.
- Position manages the near-term production schedule and forward looking master production plans for assigned production lines.
- Review of sales forecast, customer and resupply orders, and plant schedules to develop production plans.
- Work with manufacturing, commercial, procurement and planning teams to ensure customer order First Agreed Ship Date (FASD) metric targets are achieved, inventory is managed and production schedule rules are followed.
- Ordering and managing raw materials to support detailed manufacturing schedules.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Discipline in Supply Chain or Engineering preferred.
- Minimum 5 years supply chain, logistics and manufacturing operations in chemical manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of supply chain processes and Sales Operating Inventory Planning methodology.
- Strong experience with Master scheduling and planning.
- Previous experience with S&OP sheets (e.g. Cognos and/or Planning Tool Kit).
- Familiarity with import/export flows.
- APICS certification preferred.
- Proficient and effective utilization of planning system and business tools such as the following ERP systems: SAP and/or BPCS.
- Fully proficient with Word, Excel and PowerPoint.