Position: Supply Chain Associate
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Description: The Supply Chain Associate will work across the Canada Supply Chain functions in order to provide sufficient support to ensure our customers are receiving the highest quality of service in a timely and effective fashion, while continuously improving on those set standards.
This position work closely with several internal (commercial, CDN Manufacturing, Account Service, Accounting, Global Trade, Quality) and external customers (seed customers, warehouses, processing tollers, trucking companies) to provide our customers with the highest quality service in a timely fashion.
- To manage and maintain Monsanto Canada’s internal inventory position as set by corporate guidelines to analyze the inventory, distribution and logistics processes with a focus on improving efficiencies, operational processes and value to customers
- Working with SAP to manage to manage inventory, materials, containers and production
- Manage bulk rail car fleet
- Monitoring warehouse capacity
- Request appropriate approvals for inventory adjustments
- Strive to improve or automate production planning, transportation and inventory reconciliation processes
- Trucking/Rail – stock transfers/reports/imports/exports/returns/statuses/eta
- Tollers – tracking/reporting/inventory/disposals
- Inventory – count/order/reconcile
- SAP entry – P.O./requisitions/process orders/sto’s
- Managing the trial seed distribution program in Canada that includes canola, corn and soybean.
- GTM- creation and monitoring of export documentation. Approving of Import Documentation. Supporting Global Trade Specialist as required.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum requirement is a Bachelor degree in business
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the seed business
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Attention to detail, with a strong focus on follow-up
- Inventory Management
- Transportation Planning
- Problem Solving and decision making
- Prioritizing and multi tasking
- Proficient in Excel, Outlook, Word and SAP