Position: Specialist – Export Control, Business Aircraft
Location: Montreal, QC
Description: The Specialist – Export Control, Business Aircraft is responsible for ensuring compliance with all regulations in the US, the EU and Canada. They will also cooperate with other officials around the world to provide export guidance and support.
- Manage Bombardier’s Business Aircraft (BBA) compliance with US, Canadian, and EU export control regulations, laws and sanctions for all BBA related activity worldwide, as well as compliance with the Controlled Goods Program in Canada.
- Manage aircraft parts services export control compliance for all Bombardier aircraft platforms (both Business and Commercial Aircraft).
- Oversee, provide guidance and work with export control designated officials at various sites within the organization around the world.
- Provide export control support, as required, to other Bombardier Inc. business units in collaboration with export control experts in other Bombardier divisions.
- Identify requirements for and leading and/or guiding the development and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure BBA export control compliance.
- Oversee and approve all export control licensing submissions to US, Canadian and EU export control authorities for BBA and Parts Services activities. This includes the preparation, submission and administration of export licensing authorizations and other approvals
- Work with BBA Procurement on export control clause contract negotiations.
- Work with BBA customer services on export control inquiries and compliance.
- Work with BBA aircraft programs and engineering to ensure compliance with export control regulations.
- Interact regularly with and provides regulatory and operational support on export control compliance matters to internal stakeholders, including key functional departments and sites.
- Develop and present of export related training for all of BBA.
- Conduct regular internal audits to ensure continued compliance.
- Issue communications on export control issues/updates and their effect on BBA.
- Revise import and export transactions to determine export licensing requirements.
- Apply, implement and record keeping of export licenses, technical assistance agreements, commodity jurisdictions, commodity classifications or similar authorizations, registrations with or certifications for relevant EC authorities.
- Review denied party screening for BBA activities.
- Stay current with changes to and application of relevant regulations.
- Determine the export classification of hardware, software and technology under relevant EC regulations.
- Participate in maintenance of Bombardier’s internal company web page on export control.
Skills and Qualifications:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Law, International Business, International Relations, Administration or similar fields.
- You have knowledge of the Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), the Canadian Export and Imports Permits Act (EIPA), the US Export Administration Regulations (EAR), the US Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) regulations, the US International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and EU export control regulations.
- You have experience in dealing with government officials and industry associations an asset.
- You have a minimum of 5 year of experience in the areas of export controls, export licensing & export compliance and/or related experience.
- You have experience in export/import transactions, export licensing, regulatory/ administrative law, project management/coordination, contracts administration preferred.
- You have strong project management skills.You have experience in aerospace and/or defense industry preferred.You have proficiency with MS Office Suite and an ability to work with a variety of technology platforms.
- You are perfectly bilingual (French and English), spoken and written.