Company: TFO Canada
Position: Project Manager, Africa (Canadian Market Access & Capacity Building Services)
Location: Ottawa, ON
Description: TFO Canada is currently recruiting for a full-time bilingual (English-French) Project Manager position located in Ottawa. The successful candidate will be involved in the execution of a five-year Canadian Market Access and Capacity Building program that TFO Canada began implementing in 2014. The Project Manager will be responsible for managing trade development projects such as trade missions and seminars on the Canadian market and for maintaining relationships with trade support institutions and Ottawa-based trade representatives for partner countries in Africa.
Most of the Project Manager’s time will be focused on the delivery of services to seven TFO Priority Countries in Africa (Burkina Faso, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Morocco, Tanzania and Tunisia). Due to language requirements this individual will also manage TFO Canada activities and partner relations in Haiti, in coordination with the Project Manager for the Caribbean. These services will include a training and market familiarization program for representatives of trade support organisations and technical assistance for Canadian market trade development projects for exporters from these countries. The Project Manager will also manage the implementation of new services that TFO Canada will deliver for exporters in 15 Least Developed Countries in Africa including seminars on exporting to Canada and a bi-annual garment-sector trade show. While some technical assistance will be delivered by the Project Manager (e.g. advisory services for trade representatives and delivery of seminars on exporting to Canada), most of the technical assistance required is delivered using TFO Canada’s roster of Associates (trade specialists) through contracts directed and administered by the Project Manager.
- Three to five years of experience in project management or implementation, including planning, budgeting, procurement and contracting of external service providers, monitoring & reporting
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and projects
- Strong relationship management skills and ability to manage stakeholder relations
- At least two years of experience in trade development or promotion: export marketing, importing/sourcing and/or providing trade development services for exporters; previous experience organizing and facilitating trade shows would be an asset
- Sound understanding of the Canadian import market Experience in data collection and analysis, for results-based reporting,
- Relevant work experience in at least two of the countries of focus
- Excellent oral, presentation and written communication skills in English and French, including report-writing (primarily in English)
- Excellent computer application skills, particularly Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience in training (e.g. delivery of workshops or seminars) would be an asset
- Ability to travel (4-8 weeks per year)
- Relevant graduate-level university degree; a CITP designation preferred
TFO Canada offers a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience and the norms of the international development NGO sector.
Applications including a current C.V. should be made in writing by e-mail by October 31, 2014 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates must be eligible for permanent full-time employment in Canada. Only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
TFO Canada confronts the challenge of global poverty by promoting sustainable economic development through export information, advice and contact. We facilitate access to the Canadian marketplace and share Canadian trade expertise for the benefit of smaller female and male owned/managed exporters and for the men and women they employ.
Founded in 1980, TFO Canada is a non-governmental, non-profit organization. Most of our projects are financed by the Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development on a cost-shared basis with project partners and participating enterprises. Important contributions towards our mandate are also provided by the Canadian private sector.
TFO Canada strives to ensure gender equality for men and women in their participation in TFO Canada’s programs, projects and activities, and also in TFO Canada’s employment, contracting and management opportunities. For more information on TFO Canada visit www.tfocanada.ca