Company: BAE Systems
Position: Manager International Trade Licensing
Location: Arlington, VA
The Organization: BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. People are the greatest asset in any Company. BAE Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.
Job Description: BAE Systems has a job opening for a Manager International Trade Licensing in Arlington, VA.
Reviews, verifies compliance with, monitors and reports BAE Systems, Inc., international trade activities against export/import license submittals to the U.S. Government (USG). Assists in the preparation of licenses and agreements for submittal to USC in support on international trade. Provides regulatory advice and guidance to BAE Systems personnel involved in Export/Import Compliance. Acts as corporate liaison with USG regulators and technical reviewers.
- Arranges and conducts international trade training at all levels of employment throughout the corporation.
- Through analysis and research, skilled at providing guidance and assistance to responsible Empowered Officials and Export Control Officers throughout BAE Systems, Inc. on a host of current and proposed international trade matters.
- Assists the Director, International Trade Licensing and Sector Export Directors in support of BAE Systems, Inc. comprehensive adherence with all federal laws,regulations, and internal policies associated with the exporting and importing of company products, technology, and services.
- Proactively Monitor statutory/regulatory changes/proposed rules having implications for the company’s international trade activities and acts as a subject matter resource to all BAE Systems, Inc. Business Sectors by providing guidance and assistance in resolving issues. This level of subject matter assistance includes analyzing the impact on BAE Systems, Inc.international programs stemming from statutory/regulatory changes/proposed changes.
- Assists BAE Systems’ lines of business in preparation and submittal of licenses and agreements to the USG.
- Communicates with USG reviewers and regulatory personnel to resolve licensing issues.
- Provides regulatory advice and guidance to BAE Systems’ lines of business involved in export/import licensing and conducts pre-briefing to USG agencies, when necessary.
- Participates in drafting updates to Inc. level International Trade policies, manuals,guidelines and instruction through analyzing and integrating USG regulatory changes and/or internal corporate organization procedural changes for supporting an effective international trade compliance program.
- Provides oversight for IT related tools e.g. EASE (EMS), D-Trade, International Licensing website, AES, SNAP-R.
Required Skills and Education:
- Bachelor Degree and twelve years experience.
- Candidate must possess a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of applicable U.S. federal laws, regulations pertaining to the exporting and importing of controlled products, technology, and services. This includes, but is not limited to a practical and working knowledge of the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR), and Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosive (BATFE) Regulations.
- Candidate must exhibit the ability to analyze, interpret, and integrate relevant international trade policies, manuals, guidelines, instruction and USG regulatory changes for the purpose of measuring the impact on the company and/or implementing cross-functional procedural changes for support an effective international trade compliance program.
- Candidate must demonstrate solid communication skills to be able to collaborate and/or exchange complex information with industry and internal professionals across all organizational levels.
- Candidate must possess the ability to analyze and offer practical problem solutions and resolution on non-compliance matters. Candidate must be able to serve as an Inc. level International Trade resource to USG licensing and to assist in resolving international trade import/export issues that may arise throughout the Business sectors.
- Candidate must exhibit sound communications skills that supports functional and cross functional collaboration with internal team members and clients.
- Security Clearance or ability to obtain one is required
Preferred Skills and Education:
- Experience with OCR EASE System
- Basic knowledge of Foreign Military Sales (FMS), Anti-boycott reporting, LO/CLO
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender ExpressionApply now