Company: Nordion (Canada) Inc.
Position: Manager, Global Logistics
Location: Ottawa, ON
Description: Nordion is seeking a Manager, Global Logistics, to lead and supervise a professional logistics team and assume full time responsibility for managing the day to day shipments of all Nordion products. Reporting to the Senior Director, External Relationships and Global Logistics, the Manager will focus on maintaining close working relationships with the logistics supply chain; ensuring products are shipped on time and in compliance with all applicable regulations, and on team development and cross training to ensure that the global logistics function is maintained as a core competency within Nordion.
- Tracking shipments and working with carriers to optimize performance and resolve shipping issues.
- Working with Forwarders and Customs organizations to find the most time and cost effective transportation solutions.
- Ensuring full compliance with all regulatory requirements including notifications, clearances, transport and Customs compliance, and verifications.
- Ensuring paperwork is accurately completed and communications internally with EHS & Compliance, Sales and Customer Service, Operations, Facilities and others as required, and externally with customers, supply chain, and regulatory bodies are followed through.
- Analyze and determine the root causes for delays, identify solution options with internal and external resources, implement and monitor effectiveness of the solutions.
- Track incidents and develop trend lines, work with the team and supply chain to resolve and mitigate potential for recurrence.
- Utilize and participate in process and continuous improvement to establish and maintain the most effective and efficient transportation capability possible.
- Guide and train the team in functional and technical development and execution.
- Analyze monthly shipping statistics and conduct freight audits to ensure accuracy of invoicing and of allocation to appropriate product line or customer order.
- Assess and institute processes, practices and controls to ensure 100% compliance with all applicable regulations, guidelines and internal processes / procedures.
Skills and Qualifications:
The successful candidate must possess at least a diploma, preferably with related formal logistic training courses such as FITT courses, and with 8-10 years experience in a transport or related function. As a leader, you have demonstrated your ability to influence and work with people at all levels to ensure successful product delivery. You possess excellent communication capabilities and practices, both oral and written. You are analytical, with a process focus and demonstrated problem solving capability. You have excellent attention to detail and are able to establish processes or practices necessary to ensure specific and complex actions are completed routinely, reliably and in full compliance to requirements. You possess a strong ability to multi task and prioritize. In addition, you are tenacious, committed to and have a strong sense of loyalty to the achievement of the organization’s goals, and strive to continually learn and grow.
Applications must be in by December 12, 2014.