Company: Business Development Bank (BDC)
Position: Manager, Business Development – International Expansion
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Every day, you help entrepreneurs grow their business by partnering with a solid team. Beyond numbers and business performance, you help people meet their goals and achieve their dreams. At BDC, we support you in that role.
The overall objective of the role is to grow the number of international consulting mandates and corresponding revenue through new client acquisition.
You will contribute actively to BDC’s mission by, increasing the reach and raising the profile of BDC within the target market, as well as by promoting international expansion services to prospective BDC clients. These services support the growth of Canadian businesses in foreign markets, including the United States, specifically targeting small and medium-sized enterprises.
As an expert you will:
- Have the unique opportunity to proactively conduct business development activities, prospect for and acquire client mandates, assess clients’ business needs and propose consulting projects accordingly. You will work closely with the BDC delivery teams and BDC Financing to ensure proper and professional delivery of strategic projects and client satisfaction.
- Prepare and implement a business development plan for the assigned area, in line with the overall International Expansion operating plan objectives and generate and nurture a strong pipeline of international mandate opportunities.
- Build and nurture relevant and effective business networks and conduct business development activities, including active participation in relevant trade shows, seminars, and similar business meetings and events.
- Assess individual client needs and deliver expertise to ensure that they are provided with the most appropriate experience/expertise required to meet those needs in accordance with policies and guidelines regarding quality standards, pricing and delivery capabilities.
- Qualify the clients’ business requirements, and prioritize them to optimize their international growth potential.
Skills and Qualifications:
If you can answer YES to the following questions, you could be the person we are looking for!
- Do you have a bachelor’s degree in commerce or international business? (CITP an asset)
- Do you have at least 7 years’ relevant work experience to support Canadian SME’s expanding in foreign markets, including, but not limited to the United States of America?
- Are you self-motivated, with a strong interest and ability to prospect new clients both independently and cooperatively?
- Do you have a demonstrated ability in business development and delivering on your objectives?
- Do you have a sixth sense that lets you identify entrepreneurs’ business issues and needs?
- Do your clients and business contacts remember you because your advice works and you provide outstanding customer service?
- Are you a strong negotiator who is focused on results?
If you would like to combine your field expertise and your creativity to ultimately help Canadian entrepreneurs, apply today!