Position: Logistics Specialist
Location: Burnaby, BC
Description: We are currently seeking a detail-oriented individual with a background in transportation logistics to join Kardium’s Supply Chain team. This position will focus on providing the shipping and logistics expertise necessary to support Kardium’s commercialization effort and will also, initially, support receipt of material goods.
The Logistics Specialist will conduct periodic reviews and drive initiatives to ensure Kardium is realizing the best value across all transport related spend. Initiative, organization, timely follow-up and attention to detail are keys to success.
This is a full time, permanent position.
Kardium is a technology pioneer developing devices to address cardiovascular diseases. The company was founded in 2007 by a team with a track record of excellence in medicine, business and engineering.
Focused on building a world-class, internationally dominant medical device company, we believe in having lots of fun while working hard. We hire top individuals who are strong team players and trust them to make the right decisions to achieve our goals.
Kardium has consistently been recognized as one of the top companies in BC to work for and was voted the #1 Health Sciences & Services Company in the BC Business “2011 Best Companies to Work for in BC” survey and the #2 company overall. We are also very pleased to be the top Health Sciences & Services company in BC for three years in a row. Visit our website at: www.kardium.com.
- Schedule inbound and outbound shipments and ensure delivery commitments are met;
- Follow up with logistics and customs brokerage providers as necessary to resolve import/export and transportation issues
- Generate shipping documentation either online or manually, including Commercial Invoices, Air Way Bills or Bills of Lading, Certificates of Origin, B-13A Forms
- Ensure temporary bonds are initiated and cleared for all items shipped from Kardium on a temporary export basis
- Propose and lead initiatives to optimize Kardium’s logistics providers and related support services to drive continuous reduction in transport and logistics costs
- Renew and/or solicit NAFTA certifications on an annual basis
- Assist internal stakeholders with determination of appropriate HS codes to be used
- Assist with packaging of outbound finished goods
- Receive incoming goods, conduct Receiving Inspection and release goods for QC inspection as required
- Drive necessary updates to Kardium’s Shipping SOP and other internal logistics documentation
- Reports to the Manager, Supply Chain Operations
- Interacts internally with Manufacturing, Engineering, QA and Supply Chain
- Interacts externally with Kardium Logistics providers, Customs Brokers and other Agencies
Skills and Qualifications:
- Diploma or degree in Logistics or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum three (3) years experience in a logistics or distribution role, preferably within a manufacturing environment
- A minimum of two (2) years experience coordinating international shipments and generating export documentation
- Basic understanding of customs regulations, HS codes and temporary export requirements
- Experience working with third party customs brokers and the ability to evaluate broker rates
- Working knowledge of logistics operations, rate structures and tariffs
- Understanding of receiving processes and material flow in a manufacturing environment
- Attention to detail and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills, personal initiative, and the ability to multitask and deal with a variety of competing pressures, priorities, and deadlines
- Capable of physical activity such as unloading pallets, operating hand lifts, lifting and carrying boxes, standing and/or sitting for long periods of time
To apply, please send a résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the job title Logistics Specialist in the subject line.