Company: Toyota Canada Inc.
Position: Logistics and Parts Supply Associate
Location: Scarborough, ON
Description: Toyota currently has an exciting opportunity for an automotive enthusiast to support our Parts Supply & Distribution department. This Logistics and Parts Supply Associate role is a full-time role and will reside in our Scarborough Head office. The purpose of this role is to be responsible for inbound and outbound parts transportation to ensure optimum efficiency and cost effectiveness. The associate will perform strategic planning and analysis to develop long term logistics network design and functionality, and strengthen TCI logistics knowledge base through comprehensive cross-training and associate development programs. The incumbent will leverage industry expertise and business acumen to capitalize on enhanced service offerings through joint OEM collaboration.
- Provides support to Parts Supply, Vancouver PDC and Toronto PDC.
- Accountability for Transportation & 3PL expenses for cost control and budget target achievement.
- Strategic planning & analysis on parts transportation, 3PL & PDC operations to streamline current processes to reduce costs and increase efficiency and functionality.
- Maintain TCI carrier and 3PL contracts.
- Responsible for training and mentoring Parts Supply & Distribution employees on all transportation related functions.
- Develops annual Parts Supply & Distribution budget for Transportation and 3PL expense.
- Develop international Import / Export logistics to support TCI export sales to TMC global affiliates as well as Imports of CDM and specialty parts from various international suppliers.
- Ocean export compliance for CFIA and CBSA regulations. Incoterm negotiation on supplier agreements.
- Develops and administers corporate policies and procedures for parts transportation.
- Extensive 3PL management (Toronto, Edmonton, and Vancouver) to ensure TCI operational requirements are being met as well as implementing Kaizen initiatives to streamline TCI efficiencies.
- Source new carriers and develop RFP packages to present bid proposals outlining TCI project requirements and objectives with full analysis on pricing, SLA and operations.
- Involved in carrier meetings to discuss RFP bid proposals and negotiate service terms and freight rates.
- Oversees carrier invoice payments and TCI G/L account processing. Regular contact with carrier and accounting to ensure payment is accurate and current.
- Performs regular audits on carrier invoicing to ensure current freight charges and applicable surcharges are accurate and according to agreed terms.
- Manage the relationship between TCI and our logistics carriers to resolve disputes, motivate carrier changes and ensure a beneficial working relationship between all companies.
- Conducts external benchmarking activities related to KPI metrics and maintains current KPI scorecards.
- Administers TCI annual partners program for all inbound/outbound parts transportation carriers.
- Communicating logistics and operational changes on behalf of TCI/Parts Supply & Distribution to all relevant parties (PDC, TCI staff, Toyota & Lexus dealer network, Logistics Carriers).
- Develop logistics routing for new TCI suppliers in North America and in overseas locations.
- TCI subject matter expert for Parts Logistics including LTL, DDS, Truckload, Ocean, Rail, Intermodal, Air & 3PL.
- Maintain and further develop Parts Operations Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) as related to parts transportation, 3PL activity and special programs such as steel wheels and on-going campaigns.
- High level financial analysis to ensure proper financial reporting with accounting/parts supply as it relates to freight % budget and total landed cost on inbound parts.
- Conduct and participate in operational meetings with TCI carriers and PDC staff to review and resolve transportation related issues and opportunities for improvement.
- Other duties as requested or required.
Skills and Qualifications:
- College diploma / University degree or equivalent in Logistics or International Trade
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in a Logistics role. (Transportation, Customs, Warehousing, 3PL)
- Strong software skills in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good knowledge of financials and accounting practices.
- Excellent communication skills – oral, written & presentation.
- Strong negotiation & vendor management skills.
Toyota Canada Inc. is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of visible minority groups and women.