Position: Logistics Manager
Location: Hamden, Connecticut
RxGen is a preclinical CRO focused exclusively on in vivo disease modeling and the application of related models of human physiology and disease to drug and device development. RxGen applies extensive expertise in many areas of therapeutic and diagnostic interest for which clinically relevant models are feasible, with a focus on CNS, ophthalmic and metabolic disease models as well as PK/PD and safety studies.
The Logistics Manager is responsible for overseeing sample shipments between company research facilities and sponsors, sample archiving, supporting study planning, supply procurement, IACUC renewal and amendment procedures, supporting the editing and authoring of facility SOPs and performing data entry, data QC and basic data analysis and interpretation. The Logistics Manager also serves as the Archivist. The Logistics Manager additionally contributes to development of business development materials and management of sponsor databases. The following specific activities are the responsibility of the Logistics Manager to ensure performance effectiveness and enable the company to reach all operational and growth objectives:
Shipping / Logistics
- Manage inbound and outbound shipment of biological samples, including reviewing shipment manifests, QC and/or sorting/boxing up samples, compiling or reviewing import and export paperwork, sample shipment and client interface.
- Oversee preparation and review of export documentation and notification procedures for all sample exports between our research facilities and U.S. and international recipients.
- Provide direct support to clients on shipments containing test article or other study materials and any other shipping-related queries.
- Keep detailed records of all sample storage and shipment activity.
- Lead innovation in the development of sample management and delivery optimizations.
- Maintain supply of required shipping materials.
- Ensure import and export procedures remain aligned with any regulatory changes imposed by the IATA, FDA, US Fish & Wildlife Service, CDC, USDA or other international regulatory agencies.
- Support renewal and amendment procedures for IACUC protocols.
- Author, edit and review facility SOPs, as directed by Senior Management
- Serve as study archivist, archiving of all study data and documents.
- Contribute to preparation for compliance audits of laboratory animal research and preclinical research practices.
- Contribute to the generation of marketing handouts and other business development materials.
- Attend meetings and conferences that advance RxGen business development and scientific objectives or professional development, as approved by Senior Management.
Career and Company Development
- Complete training in domestic and international regulations necessary to support the shipping needs of the company (for example IATA dangerous goods, shipping of biological and infectious samples, CITES) a minimum of every two years.
- Participate in the publication of data generated in company studies by contributing to the submission of manuscripts to peer-review journals.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 2-5 years of prior experience in the shipment of biological materials, international shipping and dangerous goods strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in laboratory supply procurement.
- 2-5 years of prior experience in an academic, pharma/biotech company or Contract Research Organization (CRO) environment preferred.
- Intermediate to Advanced Computer Skills. Fluency in MS Word and Excel is a must.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to multi-task and maintain organization in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Demonstrated strong planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment under significant time pressure.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and consistent ability to operate with accuracy and quality.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to lift 20-25 lbs.
- Travel may be required.
Job Type: Full-time
Local candidates only:
- Hamden, CT
- Purchasing and shipment of biological specimens: 1 year
Required license or certification:
- Drivers License