Company: Clyde Union Canada Limited
Position: Logistics Coordinator
Location: Burlington, ON
Description: ClydeUnion Pumps Canada, an SPX brand, a leader in the design and manufacture of pumps and pump packages for the petrochemical, process and utility industries requires a Logistics Coordinator to join their operation in Burlington, Ontario.
The primary responsibility of the Logistics Coordinator is to process and coordinate pump spare parts shipments for export (non-USA) and to safeguard the company with regards to import/export compliance regulations. They are also required to provide reliable transportation for inbound and outbound product and raw materials by the most efficient and cost competitive method.
- Prepare import/export documentation and reporting
- Executes import/export shipments, in compliance with INCOTERMS, via freight forwarders, brokers and customers as required
- Communicates import/export concerns to appropriate department groups
- Participates in continuous learning on import/export regulations by attending import/export various seminars as required
- Reviews international customer Purchase Orders for potential export conflicts and/or “red flags”
- Analyzes mode and method of transportation for both inbound and outbound shipments and makes recommendations for the same to provide efficient and cost-effective shipment of goods and raw materials
- Creates bills of lading and coordinates shipments
- Travel Requirements – 0-5% Domestic
- Ensure that operations are performed in accordance with all safety and environmental rules and regulations of the Company and Federal, State and Local Government
- Performs all tasks in accordance with Clyde Union Pump’s Business Conduct guidelines.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent in International Business, Supply Chain Management, or relevant field
- 3+ years of experience in Logistics & Compliance, Import/Export, Customs, SAP
- Formal training on export compliance
- Certification as Export Compliance Officer desirable.
- Experience in import/export administration for a multi-location business
- Understanding of general accounting and shipping & receiving practices
- SAP experience is required
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Word.