Company: FMC Technologies
Position: Logistics Compliance Specialist
Location: Mount Pearl, NL
Description: FMC Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: FTI) is the global market leader in subsea systems and a leading provider of technologies and services to the oil and gas industry.
We help our customers overcome their most difficult challenges, such as improving shale and subsea infrastructures and operations to reduce cost, maintain uptime, and maximize oil and gas recovery.
Named by Forbes® Magazine as one of the World’s Most Innovative Companies in 2013, the company has approximately 20,000 employees and operates 24 production facilities in 14 countries.
FMC Technologies designs, manufactures and services technologically sophisticated systems and products such as subsea production and processing systems, surface wellhead systems, high pressure fluid control equipment, measurement solutions, and marine loading systems for the oil and gas industry.
FMC has developed an extensive and competent worldwide Subsea Services organization committed to servicing the subsea industry, while maintaining the highest level of health, safety and environmental performance.
FMC’s Subsea Services offers comprehensive subsea system service packages that provide strategic solutions to ensure optimal equipment performance and reliability.
As a result of continued growth, our Subsea Services base in Mt Pearl, NL, Canada currently has an opening for a Logistics Compliance Specialist.
- Reviews project contract and/or PO’s, defines and validates the logistics scope and requirements
- Generates, updates and manages the Master Shipping List and transportation schedule highlighting delivery milestones and important trade data and any special transportation considerations
- Generates all commercial, shipping and export documentation related to project flow of material and oversee the dispatching, tracking and tracing of goods in transit, ensuring documentation retention per required standards
- Plans and executes the logistics program activities from conceptual stage through life cycle of the project and/or work order.
- Ensures the highest level of data quality and integrity by processing shipments accurately
- Works with OEM equipment suppliers to ensure that key trade data, classifications and country of origin is collected in advance of export
- Review and research customer complaints and inquiries, including shipping and pricing issues, damage claims, QA claims, returns and over/under shipments. Provide recommendations to management for solutions and claim settlement resolutions
- Prepares reports for Project Manager/Supervisor as needed. Responsible for holding logistics focused forecasting meetings with assigned project teams and international base management
- Ensures overall compliance with all International trade processes and procedures established and meets all regulatory requirements
Skills and Qualifications:
- BA in Business Administration, International Trade, Logistics or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of five to seven years’ experience in projects, scheduling, purchasing and materials with expertise in import/export issues
- Ability to interpret data and regulations
- Familiarity and experience with import/export documentation and related regulatory requirements
- Understanding of product classification for import and export
- Exceptional organizational abilities, including ability to manage, absorb ad synthesize large volumes of data
- Strong negotiation skills in order to interact with suppliers and co-workers in team based environment
- Shows ability to handle multiple tasks and changing priorities simultaneously, set priorities in a fast paced environment and work independently
Interested candidates may apply by sending their resume, quoting competition number LCS0727-CB, to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 7th, 2015.