Position: Launch Logistics Specialist
Location: Cape Canaveral, Florida
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
- Coordination with requestors in resolving any hold factors inhibiting the placing of purchase orders and meeting company commitments.
- Coordination with requestors to prioritize shipment of items and provide tracking as needed.
- Purchase of Items which include; supplies, general use, warranty, repairs, hardware, perishables, non-production and services.
- Meeting delivery dates on Purchase Orders and to ensure the closure of open purchase order upon receipt.
- Verify all material received for conformity with accompanying paperwork, checking for damage, correct part numbers, quantity and revisions.
- Receive all materials/packages and transact receipt in the ERP/WARP Receiving system.
- Coordinate flight inventory transfers between sites.
- Acknowledge and take receipt of all incoming materials and packages, identify receipt in ERP/Warp, transport to receiving inspection, stockroom or identified buyer/requestor.
- Count material, equipment, merchandise, or supplies in stock and post totals to flight inventory records, manually or using a computer.
- Issue material against approved paperwork such as affixing verification and traceability on required serialized parts before issuing.
- Monitor flight inventory of depleted items and purge defective or unusable items, such as those items that are damaged or expired.
- Must have 2+ years of experience in procurement or inventory systems.
- Prior experience with SpaceX WARP procurement or inventory systems.
- Previous SpaceX work experience.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Associates degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, or related field. Years of experience in lieu of degree will be considered.
- Coordinate with other departments in support of purchase order placement.
- Communicate with suppliers and develop supplier relationships.
- Understand shelf-life storage and proper rotation of stock.
- Help other disciplines in the Logistics department when needed.
- Windows Operating Systems, Intermediate.
- Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook), Intermediate.
- Occasionally exposed to work in extreme outdoor environments – heat, cold, rain.
- Able to lift 25 lbs.
- Must pass Cape Canaveral Air Force background check.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. .
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.