Position: Kindle Global Trade Compliance Program Manager
Location: Seattle, WA
Description: Are you looking for a new challenge in a fast-paced, innovative company? Come make history in Amazon’s Trade Compliance department!
We are looking for a talented Global Trade Compliance Program Manager to support our rapidly growing and evolving Kindle Businesses. You will support Kindle operations by executing on a broad range of import and export compliance matters.
You will work directly with Kindle Engineering, Developing, Operations, Legal, Tax and a variety of global internal businesses and outside manufactures/vendors to drive import/export compliance across the supply chain.
- Work with Amazon’s Global Trade Compliance team to execute strategy, drive and enforce global import / export processes, seek automation opportunities and leverage technologies.
- Drive scalable business solutions with Kindle Engineering, Developing, Operation, Transportation, Tax and other business teams to ensure compliance with Global Trade Regulations.
- Work with manufactures/vendors to set up the effective import / export processes to support Kindle operations.
- Provide global logistics solutions and facilitate the shipment if needed.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 6+ years of experience with import/export compliance, preferably within the electronic industry or IT network equipment industry.
- Import / export classification experience.
- US licensed broker.
- Trade Compliance experience in R&D field.
- Experience leveraging technology to drive process improvements.
- Experience with Lean Six Sigma and other process improvement tools.
- A mix of compliance and project management experience.
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations.
- Ability to turn complex compliance requirements into scalable processes.
- Strong analytical and computer skills.
- Common sense, great judgment, and a good sense of humor