Company: General Dynamics
Position: Junior Export Compliance Analyst
Location: Ottawa, ON
Description: The Junior Export Compliance Analyst is responsible for assisting with legal compliance and administering the export regulations, including learning to prepare appropriate licensing applications, administering US Licensing Agreements, as well as other administrative duties within the Office of Export Compliance.
- Ensures legal compliance and provides export administration and control within government rules and regulations
- Prepares appropriate licensing applications
- Interfaces with internal customers, order administration, shipping personnel and other functional areas to assist in the coordination and logistics of export activities.
- Aids in the approval of internal forms and files as well as preparation and submission of internal and external reports.
- Assists staff with activities related to export permits in support of international business development activities, including supporting permit generation and tracking of submitted permit applications through the Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada, Export Controls Division (DFATD) Excol on-line system throughout the regulatory review and approval process.
- Consults with staff to develop ability to identify solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity. Consults staff, policies and procedures for guidance.
- Consults the Canadian and US Export regulations, Company procedures and practices as well as consults with other staff to determine appropriate action.
- Contributes to the completion of organization projects and goals
- Work is reviewed for skill and capability development, soundness of judgment and overall adequacy and accuracy.
- Ensures the successful accomplishment of business objectives in a compliant manner.
- Develops knowledge of export regulations and their practical implementation in company policies and procedures;
- Creates productive working relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Normally receives detailed instructions on work and works as a team member with experienced personnel on new projects and assignments
- Works on problems of fundamental scope where analysis and regulatory application experience are developed.
- All other duties as required
Skills and Qualifications:
- College Diploma or University Degree in Business or Administration or equivalent work experience
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office suite (Office, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Basic understanding of the Canadian Export Regulations and the Controlled Goods Program would be an asset.
- Some knowledge of US Export Regulations would be an asset
- One to two years’ experience working in a high tech environment
- Applicants will be required to obtain/hold a valid and current Canadian security clearance to gain access to the classified spaces, information and equipment in order to perform the work associated with this position which requires a minimum 5 year consecutive residence in Canada