Company: Sikorsky Aircraft
Position: ITC Investigations Specialist
Location: Stratford, CT
Description: Sikorsky Aircraft is an industry-leading manufacturer of helicopters, including the iconic Black Hawk helicopter.
Sikorsky is seeking an ITC Investigations Specialist to join its International Trade Compliance Department. The candidate will work with a group of legal and import/export compliance professionals to develop, coordinate, and resolve international trade control compliance and investigation matters in cooperation with counsel and compliance professionals.
The primary focus of this role is investigation and compliance matter intake, but extends to investigation process management and resolution.
It includes investigation initiation and execution, relentless root cause analysis process coordination, IT project design and management; compliance program design and enhancement; data and document management, and compliance presentation preparation and communication.
- Manage investigation and compliance matter intake process
- Identify, analyze, and resolve international trade compliance and legal issues
- Coordinate and lead cross-functional investigation and compliance teams
- Initiate, plan, conduct, and resolve regulatory investigations
- Draft, review, and submit timely, high quality investigation disclosure reports and memoranda
- Prepare and deliver investigation and compliance presentations to enterprise management
- Coordinate and lead relentless root cause analysis process
- Design and implement compliance program corrective actions and enhancements
- Coordinate investigation and compliance matters with enterprise stakeholders and management
- Ensure quality and timeliness standards for compliance matter data and materials management
- Develop subject matter expertise regarding international trade control law and regulations
- Other responsibilities as assigned (e.g., Outside Counsel expense management; compliance project management; compliance program audit design and execution)
Skills and Qualifications:
- BA/BS degree with 4+ years of experience
- MA/MS/JD degree with 2+ years of experience
- Regulatory investigation and disclosure experience
- Proven capability to independently deliver high quality work product
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated ability to extract and exploit information from a wide range of sources
- Highly organized and strong attention to detail, while simultaneously able to manage multiple complex responsibilities in fast paced environment
- High levels of personal initiative, accountability, judgment, and interpersonal skills
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Powerpoint)
- Experience with Sikorsky business units, information systems, and management processes an asset
- Knowledge of export control regulations