Company: Burlington Stores
Position: International Transportation Coordinator
Location: Edgewater Park, NJ
Description: The International Transportation Coordinator will support and lead department with freight management functions involving both import and export aspects of international transportation be it air, land or sea.
This position must provide solid resources to build, adhere, and deliver service to internal and external customers within the Burlington Stores guidelines which are outlined in the Burlington vendor manual.
- Support Buyers, Import Specialists, Vendors, DC and Supply Chain Management on a daily basis to assist with the location and movement of goods at any time
- Support ImportPOX team with PO validation within Burlington guideline requirements.
- Ability to guide, book and move cargo in an accurate, timely, and precise manner on a continual basis
- Maintain and update Ocean Carrier Routing Guides and distribute PO carrier assignments to both the ocean carriers and the freight forwarders
- Facilitate Booking Exception Management resolution and provide necessary feedback to all parties responsible for updating and maintaining POs including but not limited to ImportPOX, Import Treasury, Import Compliance, Freight Forwarder, Customs Broker, and Scheduling regarding any corrections required to properly execute the timely movement of the POs from point of delivery by vendor to receipt into the Burlington DC.
- Input accurate data into systems for analysis and reports.
- Owner of carrier on-line visibility tools to be utilized.
- Assist Dept with Import/Export Audit functions (Review & confirm freight calculations, & call out discrepancies found, Issue quarterly reports of freight savings from carrier)
- Issue & assist with Vendor/Carrier KPI’s.
- Work with planning & distribution as required to expedite processing & maintain compliance
- Maintain and update a weekly log of POE shipments
- Format the Incoming Direct Imports Container Report and integrate data from Red Seal and White Seal Reports along with the POE log for presentation to our scheduling and DC Management to ensure that containers flow from the piers to the DC, unload timely at the DC and return to the ocean carrier within the allotted free times.
- Format daily White Seal Reports for our container drayage providers
- Must be able to multi-task and train ongoing to assist with growth & changes within dept functions.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Manager
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree. Experience may be substituted if appropriate
- Oracle certification is preferred
- 3-5 year Import/Export Operations & Compliance
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills & special attention to detail
- Ability to work in a creative team environment
- Personal computer proficiency; strong knowledge of Access, Excel, PowerPoint & Word