Position: International Trade Compliance Analyst
Location: Coral Gables, FL
Description: As an International Trade Compliance Analyst you will be responsible for ensuring Business Unit (BU) compliance with the regulations of the United States and foreign governments related to the international movement of goods with a focus on executing the control framework established by the Tax and Customs Center Of Expertise (COE).
In this position you will play a key role in the sales and operations planning process and actively work to improve compliance while reducing cost to serve.
You will be expected to understand and anticipate requirements of a diverse customer base, analyze needs and conditions within our business and the need of our customers. You must be able to communicate effectively and demonstrate behaviors that are consistent with heart of leadership and high performance.
35% Facilitate compliant and timely border crossing for all US/Canada BU transactions managed by the International Trade Team:
- Manage US and Canadian Customs brokers, including the use of Key Performance Indicators and regular internal report.
- Establish and implement (with the accounting team) a clear payment process for all customs broker bills.
- Ensure that all costs (Goods and Services Tax, Duties, Service fees, etc) are classified correctly.
- Apprise supply chain parties of new regulations in Canada regarding affected imported products.
- Develop a relationship with the US and Canadian governmental entities in cooperation with our corporate customs COE and our brokers, facilitating a free flow of our goods through the northern border.
- Provide daily guidance to the BU’s and local team on processes, data and documentation to facilitate imports and exports.
25% International trade compliance:
- Provide daily guidance to the local team on export, import and foreign to foreign operational compliance activities.
- Serve as a local key point of contact for all SAP deployment and operational activities.
- Serve as the Customs Analyzer role in SAP.
- Run monthly audit reports for imports and exports from SAP/Global Trade Services ensuring that all transactions that Coral Gables executes are monitored and in compliance with all respective government or other regulatory bodies.
- Maintain all export and import compliance plans, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and other compliance related documentation.
- Stay abreast of any new regulations impacting international trade, including Participating Government Agencies activity and communicate them accordingly to the international trade team.
20% Perform the following regulatory compliance activities for all US/Canada BU transactions managed by the International Trade Team per Tax and COE Guidelines where appropriate:
- Audit 10% of all import and export shipments (adjust as appropriate).
- Ensure proper document retention practices per Records and Information Management and Tax and Customs COE guidance Support North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) qualification of products and prepare all NAFTA documents for our NAFTA trade flows. Implement and maintain clear import compliance processes.
- Maintain all export and import compliance plans, SOPs and other compliance related documentation. Work with accounting to ensure that we have all transfer pricing documentation and support centrally located and available in case of an audit.
10% SAP – Global trade services and center of expertise cross border activities:
- Support Corporate COEs to effectively and efficiently implement changes associated with new regulatory regimes (example: Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA)), automation projects (example: Global Trade Services Importer Security Filing (ISF)) and internal projects (example: US Export Project).
- Liaison between customers and other supply chain partners to collect and maintain appropriate cross border data and documentation required by various government agencies.
- Optimize legacy and SAP-Global Trade Services (GTS) processes to minimize border delays and penalties due to late/incorrect data and/or documentation.
10% Other international trade flows:
- Provide operational compliance support with other trade flows such as, but not limited to US to European Union imports, non-resident importer of record activities, tolling, intra-European Union, etc.
- Serve as the cross border point of contact for transactional issues that arise at the border dealing with regulatory agencies and escalate to corporate COEs as appropriate.
- Collaborate with the corporate customs COE on regulatory determinations for new product/trade flows.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 2 years of experience in International Trade.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Trade Compliance activities for international trade flows with a well-versed knowledge of compliance processes, risks and requirements.
- Ability to adapt and learn in a changing work environment.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Microsoft Office Suite experience.
- Ability to work independently.
- Incoterms knowledge for international trade.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Working knowledge of the customs process and Participating Government Agencies and their regulations
- Fluent in Spanish or other language.
- Strong knowledge of our customer base.
- SAP-Global Trade Services experience.
- Knowledge of international supply chain operations.
- Deep trade compliance knowledge.