Company: Smith & Nephew
Position: International Shipping Specialist
Location: Memphis, TN
Description: The International Shipping Specialist will be responsible for efficient, timely, and accurate processing of shipments to international destinations. They will also ensure that Smith & Nephew is in compliance with import/export regulations and documentation.
- Respond to written, telephone, fax and email inquiries.
- Assist in researching core and operational causes of shipment complaints, and provides recommendations to address issues to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Examines international documentation for verification of tariff classifications, product descriptions, product values and country of origin.
- Understands communicated international shipment requirements, and conducts quality assessment to ensure that government regulations/processes are followed.
- Structures, schedules, and processes shipments to international destinations.
- Creates and processes export shipping documents within SAP environment, attaches to physical shipment, and coordinates pickup and movement of shipment with customers and carriers/forwarders.
- Ensures timely shipments are made by coordinating with Int’l Customer Service, Shipping, and freight forwarders.
- Responsible for effective communication, documentation, troubleshooting, and billing audits, as well as routine clerical customer service and order processing functions.
- Communicates shipment advice to customers and provide any necessary follow-up and problem resolution.
- Resolves customer complaints, investigates and replies to inquiries regarding shipping discrepancies and other specific order or shipment problems.
- Notifies the customer, distributor, and other related parties of the findings, adjustments, and recommendations.
- Processes international expedite orders, which occur external to the SAP environment.
- Establishes, maintains and utilizes customer, distributor, and forwarder information using SAP, Transportation Management System, and Warehouse Management System.
- Processes loaner, IAP, and miscellaneous export shipments and return shipments if applicable. This includes preparation of the commercial invoice, shipping documents, and return document packet.
- Complies with all health, safety and environmental policies, procedures and job hazard analyses applicable to specified job activities; including medical evaluations as required by job function
- Completes all required HSE training
Skills and Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent required and 2 years international customer service/customer contact and logistics experience, or Associates degree in Business, Marketing, or Logistics and 1 year customer service/customer contact and logistics experience.
- Must have good working knowledge of personal computers and database applications.
- Knowledge of warehouse management systems is helpful.
- Candidate must have good oral and written communication skills and the ability to interface with customers and company personnel at all levels of the organization and with diverse groups.
- Strong computer skills including use of SAP and Microsoft Office suite is preferred.
- Broad experience in export documentation.
- Knowledge of internal and good cross enterprise working relationships.