Company: XPO Logistics
Position: International Logistics Coordinator
Location: Charlotte, NC
Description: The International Logistics Coordinator will be in charge of handling all activities related to the logistics of sending cargo internationally. They will complete and file shipping documentation, book imports and exports, send information to carriers and overseas agents and companies involved and assist with handling customer requests.
- Coordinates activities relating to arranging quotes, documentation and logistics of cargo to worldwide markets. Tasks will include making bookings, ensuring documentation is complete/accurate, handling customer service requests relating to the transportation of cargo.
- Arrange import and export bookings
- Dispatch orders to overseas agents and offices as well as drayage and trucking companies
- Ensure ISF information is completed
- File AES on behalf of the shipper
- Submit shipping instructions to carriers
- Responsible for ensuring that all documentation is accurate and complete
- Ensure customer receives bill of lading in timely manner
- Assist in rates and quoting
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
- Must have 2 to 3 years of Freight Forwarding or NVOCC industry experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office skills, including Microsoft Excel
- Maintain an understanding of the various business divisions within XPO Global Logistics and their strategic goals.
- Possess strong project management skills.
- Be able to communicate clearly and precisely, both orally and in writing.
- BILINGUAL (ENGLISH & SPANISH) preferred