Company: DB Schenker
Position: International Internship Ocean Import
Location: Freeport, New York
At DB Schenker we recognize that our employees are our greatest assets. We are committed to care for and develop our people, build long-term lasting relationships by being uniquely customer focused, and deliver superior returns to all our stakeholders.
We believe in providing equality of employment opportunities to all, with strong business ethics and to develop our people so they can achieve more, both professionally and personally.
The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all expectations, other projects as assigned.
- Assist in completing cross-trade ocean import transactions.
- Learn FMC tariff filing, produce export declaration, book space with specialized carriers and coordinate rail car deliveries to port.
- Coordinate trucking and container stuffing, produce bill of lading along with certificates of origin; produce vessel certificates, request pricing from air/sea carriers and agents; coordinate shipment with supplier/producers.
- Coordinate transactions with agents, terminals/warehouses; monitor vessel cut-offs, handle invoicing, pay freight bills and coordinate transactions with general customers/carriers.
Skills and Requirements:
- Studying Business Administration, Logistics or similar abroad
- Intermediate to advanced level of MS office procedures (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Very good analytical and organizational skills as well as being able to handle more than one task at a time and work well within given deadlines
- Positive and friendly attitude, ability to work as part of a team with limited supervision
- Must be enrolled in a university abroad during the entire period of the internship (6 months) or are between the bachelor and master degree program (gap year) – must provide proof of enrollment
- Must fulfill all criteria to obtain a J-1 Intern visa for the US Essential Functions
- Must be able to pass any federal/state/local government, airport, or company-required background checks, clearances, and/or drug and alcohol tests.
Your resume should include:
- University name, field of study, type of degree and anticipated graduation date.
- Please reference the position you are seeking in the Subject Line of your email.
This is a six (6) months internship starting on or about September 6, 2016.
Only eligible candidates will be contacted via email to schedule appointments for telephone interviews.
Please submit a detailed cover letter and resume to: email@example.com