Company: Hubbell Incorporated
Position: International Documentation Specialist
Location: Centralia, MO
Description: The International Documentation Specialist will act as the HPS International lead to organize and prepare all export documentation for customs clearance, exportation to the foreign country, and for customer payment collections.
- Preparation and organization of documentation for exportation to the foreign country, customs clearance and payment collection for all applicable parties
- Electronic filing of Shippers Export Declarations
- Organization and presentation of all export documentation to the bank for letters of credit and drafts.
- Preparation of Insurance Certificates
- Preparation of Certificates of Origin
- Coordinate requirements for Notary, State Certifications, and Legalization of documents
- Assist to resolve outstanding payments from letters of credit and drafts with Customer Service and Accounting
- Tracking banking charges and discrepancy fees for letters of credit
- Reviewing letters of credit for applicable purchase orders.
- Track and Report Sales Recognition (SOX)
- Review, monitor, and report on the export delivery list. Act as the liaison between International Customer Service and HPS Shipping to prioritize shipping opportunities.
- Review and Update harmonized tariff codes and country of origin with the Business Units.
- Review and approval all letters of credit for customer payment methods
- Review/recommend resolution of letters of credit or draft issues
- File all SEDs with the US Government for export control and statistics
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Arts Degree in Business Administration or related fields
- Three to five years experience in export/import documentation, transportation, logistics, freight forwarding, and letter of credit presentation
- Customer service experience in a fast-paced environment or closely related experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment under minimal supervision with a high attention to detail.
- Strong analytical, oral/written communication, customer service, and time management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook), Internet Web-Based and Job Specific software applications.
- Accurate and rapid data entry
- Ability to travel on business related trips
- Ability to move to various locations within the Company
- Ability to communicate
- Ability to work on a personal computer or other related equipment as required.