Company: Dawn Foods
Position: Import/Export Coordinator
Location: Denver, CO
Description: Under general supervision from Director of Export/Import Services, the Import/Export Coordinator conducts multiple tasks related to the exportation/importation of food products including order processing, creating Export/Import documentation, following US Export/Import compliance, working with various departments and coordinating shipments with freight forwarders, brokers and steamship lines.
They also work closely with customers to provide Dawn products on a timely manner and offering the highest level of customer service.
- Export/Import order entry into JBA/SAP systems.
- Confirms orders to customers and places production orders into plants.
- Requests transportation bookings and works closely with freight forwarder and shipping locations to ensure loading of orders.
- Supplies/coordinates required export documentation (Invoice, Certificate of Origin, Certificate of Free Sale, Health Certificates, etc.) and works with letters of credit.
- Responsible for orders from the point of entry into order system until Foreign/US Customs Clearance occurs.
- Works closely with Regulatory, Finance, Corporate Quality Assurance, etc. to ensure US Export/Import Regulations are followed.
- Maintains accurate customer profiles.
- Interfaces with production facilities, distribution centers, transportation on behalf of the Export/Import Department as needed.
- Interacts with government agencies as needed: US Customs, Export Assistance Center, etc. Assists in processing incoming invoices for payment by approving invoices and assigning proper general ledger codes.
- Reviews customer price lists with Business Development Managers to ensure that lists remain current and all active customer prices are kept up to date.
- Contributes to the development of work instructions and guidelines for the position to ensure that all required duties are accurately documented for future reference and training purposes.
- Assists in developing and maintaining a Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) Manual for the Department.
- Identifies sales that may not meet departmental minimum profitability requirements and reports findings to Manager for necessary action and follow-up.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Demonstrates the “Dawn Values” of Team Dawn and supports the Circle of Excellence .
Skills and Qualifications:
- BS in Business or related area
- Bilingual: Spanish/Portuguese preferred
- Five or more years of Export/Import progressive experience
- US Export/Import Regulations experience
- Schedule B/Harmonized Tariff Schedule Experience/Certification
- Knowledge of letters of credit and sight drafts
- JBA and/or SAP experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Tools