Position: Import/Export Coordinator
Location: Mundelein, IL
Description: Medline has an immediate opening for an Import/Export Coordinator. The Coordinator works closely with team members and other departments/divisions to ensure a highly functional and efficient logistics process.
In addition, the Coordinator works with customs brokers, internal stakeholders and US government officials, ocean carriers, inland carriers and other service providers to facilitate in the shipment, clearance and delivery of imported goods.
We are seeking a dynamic, hard-working professional with a solid background with a desire to work for a fast-paced, large corporate organization. In addition to exceptional analytical and communication skills, you must have a “roll-up your sleeves” attitude.
- Generate and audit shipping information from various sources into SAP for complete supply chain visibility, including all processes from container set-up through release of goods and delivery to DCs.
- Answer questions from customs brokers, ocean carriers, inland carriers and internal employees and resolve issues involving all areas of imports supply chain process.
- Audit duty charges and prepare daily report of US Customs ACH Charges.
- Run various reporting to analyze broker, trucker and ocean carrier performance.
- Coordinate import and export shipments between customs brokers, inventory management, vendors, divisions and warehouse.
- Collaborate with overseas offices to ensure efficiency and accuracy.
- Audit service provider statements and posting with A/P.
- Assist team and department with projects as needed.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of work experience with freight forwarder or customers broker
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel including functions and pivot tables, Outlook) and Internet Explorer; experience in SAP preferred
- Strong data entry capabilities as well as data auditing in an SAP or similar environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication and relationship-building skills with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively to internal vendors/partners including non-native English speakers, senior executive management and all other levels throughout the organization
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities
- Strong customer service background
- Ability to work in a team environment, solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
- Ability to identify trends and anticipate problems so resolution is proactive