Company: L Brands
Position: Global Trade Specialist
Location: Columbus, OH
Description: The Global Trade Specialist is responsible for the coordination of the documentation required by U.S. Customs and Border Protection for the import entry of goods into the United States.
L Brands, through its high-emotion brands Victoria’s Secret, Bath and Body Works, Pink, La Senza and Henri Bendel, is an international specialty retailer delivering lingerie, personal care and beauty products, apparel and accessories to customers worldwide.
Our brands are available in more than 2,600 retail stores in the United States, more than 680 international locations, and through our award-winning internet and catalogue channels.
L Brands, which recorded sales of $10.5 billion in 2012 and employs more than 90,000 associates, was Fortune’s 2011 World’s Most Admired specialty retailer.
- Prepare required documentation, submission and ABI/ACE transmission to U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) and Partner Government Agencies (PGA) including FDA, USDA and FWS in accordance with CBP regulations, laws and procedures.
- Accurately enter Customs entry data into operational system and monitor for CBP and PGA release
- Review classification of goods to ensure accuracy
- Prioritize U.S. Customs entries and follow up with carriers
- Communicate with Freight Forwarders and vendors to obtain information needed to complete clearance process
- Assist in coordinating the movement of freight
- Participate in all required training
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to ensure the timely delivery of freight
- Ensure compliance with L Brands and CBP regulations and policies
- Provide analysis on import trends and share information with manager
- Audit entries and make timely and accurate corrections
- Ensure recordkeeping requirements are met
- Perform other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in International Trade, Logistics or associated field preferred
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in the Customs Brokerage field
- Licensed Customs Broker preferred
- Prior experience in textile/retail industry is beneficial
- Experience working in collaborative cross-functional relationships in a multi-divisional import and export environment preferred
- Familiarity with basic accounting principles
- Strong written, verbal and organizational skills, ability to multi-task in a fast-pace team environment with focus on accuracy and attention to detail
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience using Microsoft office products