Position: Global Trade Compliance and Logistics Manager
Location: Beverly, MA
Description: Microsemi Corporation, Frequency and Time Division, a world leader in precise time solutions, sets the world’s standard for time. The company generates, distributes and applies precise time for the communications, aerospace/defense, IT infrastructure and metrology industries. Microsemi Corporation’s customers, from communications service providers and network equipment manufacturers to governments and their suppliers worldwide, are able to build more reliable networks and systems by using the company’s advanced timing technologies, atomic clocks, services and solutions. All products support today’s precise timing standards, including GPS-based timing, IEEE 1588 (PTP), Network Time Protocol (NTP), Synchronous Ethernet and DOCSIS® timing.
The Global Trade Compliance & Logistics Manager will be responsible for the business processes that relates to import/export compliance as well as shipping, receiving, stockroom, logistics, logistics cost and the respective strategies. This person will work with cross functional teams to assure that the business unit is in compliance with the EAR (Export Administration Regulations) and ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations). The role will also be responsible for trade compliance as it pertains to product and technical data, proper use of tariff and ECCN codes, Inco-terms, etc.
The role will be tasked with finding innovative ways to improve shipping service and transit time while reducing costs. This person will be the business expert in Microsemi Corporation for the logistics issues. Use that knowledge to lead the employees inside Microsemi Corporation who make decisions that get the product to the customer.
- Prepare, review and submit license applications and technical assistance agreements through Department of Commerce (EAR) or Department of State (ITAR).
- Ability to classify products (ECCNs and HTN) in the electronics and atomic frequency standards space and file for necessary (CCATs or CJ) confirmations when appropriate.
- Export license applications and follow up.
- Compliance associated with reverse logistics.
- Work across functional areas understanding the customer base and the supply chain to maximize efficiencies in product movement. Organize and lead a team that will evaluate, select and contract with the best freight forwarders for Microsemi Corporation’s business model.
- Champion the understanding of government restrictions and policies surrounding the shipment of Microsemi Corporation products worldwide. Provide ongoing training and instruction as regulations and the business evolve. Must be current with export reform efforts.
- Experience across various modes of transportation including international air freight and US import brokerage, small package, special handling and hazardous material (certification preferred).
- Ability to negotiate freight rates, determine appropriateness of charges for services and mechanism for reporting cost saving and forecasting.
- In-depth understanding of logistics by region, and freight forwarder processes and experience.
- Understanding of country trade agreements and the corresponding logistical issues.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Logistics Management, International Business or related field, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Minimum of 10 years of Logistics experience required including managing 3PL and freight forwarders; minimum 5 year’s experience managing/leading others
- Strong orientation to bottom line financial performance.
- Ability to work independently; ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to engage others in problem solving and build trusting relationships
- Able to travel internationally
- Thorough knowledge of regional logistics providers, routes, borders, ports, customs, duty, brokers and local or regional laws regulating logistics.
- Global experience, specifically Trade experience with EU, Asia, and USA.
- Strong analytical background and a drive for results.
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident