Company: Standard Innovation
Position: Global Logistics Specialist
Location: Ottawa, ON
Description: Reporting to the Vice President of Operations, the Global Logistics Specialist is responsible for ensuring the efficient execution of all warehouse, freight forwarding, and customs activities within the company. The incumbent proactively manages our global business partners to ensure all business service levels are consistently met.
- Ensures that all inbound shipments are processed by the respective warehouse in a timely and accurate fashion
- Ensures that all outbound customer shipments are executed on time and as requested by Standard Innovation, all/any of our warehouses, or freight forwarding partners
- Directs our warehouse and freight forwarding partners in regards to all movements of goods between company warehouse locations.
- Responsible for all transactions associated with receipts, shipments, movements, transfers, and stock adjustments in the business system.
- Defines and drives all warehouse rework, sorting, and customization activities that need to be performed in warehouses or in transit.
- Arrange all outbound movement of intercompany goods in support of Sales, Engineering or Marketing; sources carrier options for freight movements globally
- Establishes and then uses different relationships with freight forwarders to achieve the lowest transportation costs for all modes, for all routes.
- Negotiate short term and long term programs with outside carrier partners
- Communicates order status with internal / external customers
- Provide logistical solutions for all customers (all modes of transport)
- Responsible for the logistics aspects of all incoming and outgoing RMA’s working closely with Technical support.
- Completes or corrects all customs invoice/packing lists for customer shipments as required.
- Responsible for all courier packages and customs documentation for company shipments as required.
- Provide certificates of origin as required
- Coordinates any Hazardous or Controlled Material declarations and ensures timely shipment
- Proactively monitors all customer shipments to ensure partner and internal KPIs are being met. Addresses issues with partners proactively and quickly.
- Proactively monitors partner performance; coordinates and attends regular business reviews with the critical partners to drive improvements in KPIs or opportunities for new processes/services.
- Assist in packaging product when required
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- 3 – 5 years experience in a global logistics role, preferably within a small to medium sized manufacturing organization.
- Post secondary education in materials management or a related discipline
- Experience with freight forwarding partners, activities and processes
- Experience with customs imports/exports and the Harmonized Tariff System.
- Experience managing warehouses and 3rd party logistics companies
- A proactive individual with solid problem solving skills
- Highly organized with strong planning and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills; written and verbal
- Proficient with Google apps, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PP, Excel) and experience using ERP systems (ideally NetSuite), experience in a Mac environment an asset
- Strong interpersonal skills; flexible, team player with a strong customer focus and can-do attitude