Company: Safeway Inc.
Position: Global Logistics Analyst
Location: Boise, ID
Description: Albertsons Safeway is working to become the favorite food and drug retailer in every market it serves.
The organization includes 2,230 stores, 27 distribution facilities and 19 manufacturing plants with over 250,000 employees across 34 states and the District of Columbia.
The company is privately owned with supermarkets across the country that include: Albertsons, Safeway, Vons, Pavilions, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Carrs, ACME, Jewel-Osco, Lucky, Shaw’s, Star Market, Super Saver, United Supermarkets, Market Street and Amigos.
The Supply Chain Department has an opening for a Global Logistics Analyst.
- Responsible for tracking and tracing shipments from overseas origin to US destinations. Coordinate with outside vendors in making sure appointment and delivery to DC has been made.
- Analyze the transportation cost per lane and commodity and ensure on time delivery.
- Weekly logistics data analysis and KPI report maintenance to provide supply chain visibility and exception reports to various departments.
- Monitor and manage key KPI’s & analytics for vendor performance. Partner with procurement to ensure data and forecast integrity.
- Responsible for collecting and reporting to corporate and DC’s on all Department of Transportation (DOT) & CSA requirements, hours of service (HOS), accident reporting and drug and alcohol reporting.
- Develop and publish reporting for corporate staff to include: on–time service level, fleet utilization, fuel cost, MPG tracking.
- Coordinate licensing for all fleet vehicles with 3rd party vendor.
Skills and Qualifications:
- College degree in Logistics, Supply Chain or Business related field.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. required.
- Three or more years of ocean freight import/export transportation management and/or logistics analysis and reporting experience required with five years preferred.
- Highly motivated, self-starter with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good analytical, negotiating, and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to function effectively in a team environment.
- Possess excellent organizational and process skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, specifically Excel, Access and Power Point