Company: Cavendish Farms
Position: Global Distribution Specialist
Location: Dieppe, NB
Description: Reporting to the Director of Supply Chain Logistics, the Global Distribution Specialist will focus on cost and flow optimization of a multi-modal distribution solution. He/she will be responsible to analyze, construct and manage a scalable transportation model, produce visibility measurements and analytics for management, and optimize cost-effective and on-time delivery strategies.
This position requires strong multimodal transportation experience (ocean, air and rail), a strong cost control background, as well as, analytical excellence as it relates to supply chain optimization trends across geographically dispersed locations.
- Identify & evaluate the best mode of transport for moving finished goods from plant to DC/DC to customer
- Define the best sourcing, distribution centre location & capacity requirements of current distribution network
- Implement best practices in global inventory balancing & system consistency, given importance of plant direct shipment & complex trade-offs in optimizing service & cost
- Continuously work in collaboration with planning, customer service & site logistics to identify network optimization opportunities
- Execute cost/benefit analysis to identify re-engineering opportunities for transportation lanes to improve assignment, carrier mapping, and volume management
- Develop an assessment model for brokers, transportation partners and managed trade partners to quickly address exceptions and optimize trade lane management to support projected capacity
- Define & Lead the transition plan to the targeted network design
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Transportation, Supply Chain Management, Business or related field. Advanced degree is a plus.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in a Supply Chain, Transportation, Distribution role
- Ocean, Air & Rail, Intermodal & Multimodal (National & International) experience a must
- Demonstrated skill with business analysis / program management/ collaboration and change management
- Experience in Distribution management software would be considered an asset
- Strong ability to work independently and manage one’s time
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills; Top down approach.
- Demonstrated team player, quick learner, positive attitude, and customer-service focused
- Strong skills in “as-is/to-be” business process mapping, gap analysis, requirements elicitation and data analysis
- Strong excel and report development skills
- Broad perspective – ability to see beyond the boundaries of his/her responsibilities or function
- Ability to communicate and influence at all levels of the organization with influencing and negotiating skills
- Ability to respond quickly, present a concise recommendation and defend it