Company: Michael Kors
Position: Global Business Analyst, Accessories
Location: New York, NY
Company Description: Michael Kors is a world-renowned, award-winning designer of luxury accessories and ready to wear. His namesake company, established in 1981, currently produces a range of products through his Michael Kors and MICHAEL Michael Kors labels, including accessories, footwear, watches, jewelry, men’s and women’s ready to wear, and a full line of fragrance products. Michael Kors stores are operated in some of the most prestigious cities in the world, including New York, Beverly Hills, Chicago, London, Milan, Paris, Munich, Istanbul, Dubai, Seoul, Tokyo and Hong Kong.
- Lead analysis and reporting on Global businesses and product trends (weekly, monthly, quarterly, and seasonally) recapping noteworthy callouts by category, silhouette, fabrication, color, etc.
- Develop action plans based on sales performance trends across global business units (Wholesale, Retail, and International) to impact line-planning process and influence assortment strategies and product merchandising.
- Present high level assortment strategy learnings and recommendations on how to evolve the business to global heads of businesses monthly and weekly.
- Generate analysis and draw conclusions to ensure productive assortment flows on core product that will comp business seasonally and monthly across all business units.
- Manage annual and seasonal global unit demand planning process and partner with production and logistics to plan production capacity and resource allocation.
- Partner with global heads of business to plan monthly markdowns by season and make recommendations on how to react to in season selling.
- In market, partner with product merchandising to price and edit line in preparation for market opening.
- Conduct market and competitor research to identify and analyze movements and opportunities within the competitive landscape.
- Apply and maintain attributes and methodology to categorically evaluate accessories business on a global basis.
- Partner with Business Intelligence teams to manage development and execution of automated selling reports.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Merchandise Planning and/or in Accessories Buying.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills: ability to communicate with high level executives.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skill levels.
- Ability to take initiative, ownership and accountability for the business.
- Ability to react quickly with a strong sense of urgency.
- Team oriented with ability to multi-task.
- Previous supervisory experience.