Organization: INT Logistics
Position: Export Development Manager
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
- Leading development of the New Business Strategy to achieve defined business objectives across all product categories in international export markets.
- Exploring, researching and developing new business opportunities in overseas markets
- Analyze the global market trends as it applies to the export market and take the necessary strategic decisions
- Identify and develop relationships with overseas buyers, determine needs and provide solutions applicable to ITN’s services
- Provide global market intelligence and competitor activity reports to the management
- Setting up & implementation of export development strategy in various countries as per the approved budget and ensuring achievement of sales targets.
- Identify qualified opportunities, prepare pricing and make presentations along with follow-up negotiations to secure business.
- Closely monitoring, forecasting and analysing the sales and making subsequent regular reports to management.
Skills & Requirements:
- Familiar with INCO terms, government agencies, basic laws and regulations for movement of goods to overseas
- Thorough knowledge and practical experience of shipment policies and customs regulations
- Should have strong exposure in international export markets, air and ocean.
- Highly talented in developing existing business to it’s full potential with a strong focus on uncovering and securing new business
- Bachelor’s degree in business or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum five years of demonstrated work experience within the freight forwarding and export industry.
- Solid knowledge of international business practices and international trade * Ability to perform research on markets, uncover key decision makers and determine suitability for ITN’s business model
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and relationship management skills
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Bilingual in both official languages(English & French)
- Experience dealing with external organizations and associations such as medium and large Canadian exporters and investors, national and local industry/trade associations and provincial trade departments and organizations and overseas buyers.
- CITP designation (stands for Certified International Trade Professional) and/or CIFFA designation