Company: Nova Scotia Business Inc. (NSBI)
Position: Export Development Executive
Location: Halifax, NS
Description: NSBI is seeking a person with passion for assisting in the growth and success of business in Nova Scotia. The Export Development Executive works with Nova Scotia companies to help them grow their revenues through increased national and international trade.
This involves consultation with companies as well as the delivery of export development programs, including trade missions. Both national and international travel is required.
- Working one on one with Nova Scotia companies to help them develop and pursue individual market diversification and penetration strategies;
- Assisting in enhancing the market preparedness of organizations through research, counseling, and referrals to appropriate programming;
- Managing relationships with suppliers and project partners;
- Developing projects based on analysis of client opportunities; managing projects including project budgets;
- Writing effective project proposals; and
- Participating in the effective delivery of the Province’s suite of export development programs and services.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Post-secondary education in business, commerce or a related discipline with a focus on international export
- Minimum of three years of direct export development experience (or equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Must possess (or can obtain) a valid Canadian passport with no travel restrictions
- Solid comprehension of the issues and opportunities present in international export, including export policy and trade negotiations
- High degree of professionalism, sound judgment and initiative
- Ability to comfortably cope with ambiguity, occasional extended travel and irregular schedules while sustaining a high level of energy
- Foreign language capabilities
- Experience working with clients in foreign markets (Asia & Europe) and in the seafood, agri-food or beverage sectors
- CITP®|FIBP® designation from the Forum for International Trade Training (FITT)