Company: Vista Outdoor
Position: Export Coordinator
Location: Overland Park, KS
Description: Our Overland Park, KS location is seeking an Export Coordinator to add to our team. This position will provide management and sales support functions for Vista’s outdoor products international subsidiary offices and international distributors.
The position also handles all customer service related contacts received by telephone, fax, mail and email with the highest level of professionalism and escalates issues for resolution as necessary.
Vista Outdoor is a leading global designer, manufacturer and marketer in the growing outdoor sports and recreation markets.
The company operates in two segments, Outdoor Products and Shooting Sports, and has more than 30 well-recognized brands that provide consumers with a range of performance-driven, high-quality and innovative products in the ammunition, firearms and outdoor accessories categories.
Vista Outdoor enjoys expanded distribution for some of the most widely known and respected brands in the industry: Federal Premium®, Bushnell®, Savage Arms™, BLACKHAWK!®, Primos®, Final Approach, Uncle Mike’s®, Hoppe’s®, RCBS®, Alliant Powder®, CCI®, Speer®, Champion® Targets, Gold Tip® Arrows, Weaver® Optics, Outers®, Bollé®, Cebe, and Serengeti®.
Vista Outdoor is headquartered in Utah and employs approximately 5,800 skilled workers.
The company has manufacturing operations and facilities in 10 U.S. states, Puerto Rico, Mexico and Canada along with international sales and sourcing operations in Mexico, Canada, Europe, Australia, New Zealand and Asia.
- Sets-up new accounts, processes orders, verifies pricing, credit terms, shipping requirements and customer purchase order requirements
- Insures allocations for account orders
- Coordinates export shipments with the distribution center, Export Compliance Officer, and appropriate logistics firms
- Maintains export compliance documents and files
- Prepares and provides export documents to the shipping department
- Ships samples to customers and products back to vendors
- Acts as liaison between Vista and international subsidiary offices and distributors
- Provides product knowledge to accounts and distributors
- Provides backup support for the Logistics Department as required
- Receives and answers customer inquiries and requests regarding products, orders, repair status and other services offered
- Provides operational support for Vista’s outdoor technology consumer products
- Works with customers to determine which products, accessories and plan of action best serves their individual needs
- Reports any and all out-of-line conditions affecting customer satisfaction
- Develops and maintains positive department and company image and philosophy to the public
- Participates in other related tasks and duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Awareness of global market conditions and news which may impact business
Skills and Qualifications:
- High school diploma and 1 – 2 years related experience in exports (logistics/compliance), preferably with international accounts OR 4 year International Business Degree (or closely related)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to deal with customers and coworkers
- Fluency in Spanish and/or French preferred but not required
- Knowledge of international trade terms and import regulations to destination countries
- Knowledge of EAR and ITAR controlled products
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Must be able to pass a background check verifying status to handle import and export shipments
- Solid PC skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc)
- Prior experience working with AS400
- Good data entry skills
- Previous experience working with Haz-Mat and IATA Dangerous Goods shipments preferred