Company: Scotts Miracle-Gro Company
Position: Distribution Analyst
Location: Mississauga, ON
Description: The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company (NYSE: SMG) is the world’s largest marketer of branded consumer lawn and garden products, with a full range of products for professional horticulture as well.
Scotts Miracle-Gro has helped to grow the nearly $7 billion global consumer lawn and garden market through product innovation, industry-leading advertising efforts and its trusted brands. Scotts is an EEO Employer, dedicated to a culturally diverse, drug free workplace.
The Distribution Analyst under the guidance of the Distribution Manager is responsible for ensuring the smooth flow of products within Canada and the U.S. as well as ensuring the smooth flow of orders within SAP to all sites.
With a solid understanding of customer service and logistics principles that supports Scotts’ internal and external customers, the incumbent will liaise with various levels within and outside the organization to ensure execution excellence and world-class customer service.
- Manages the ongoing, day-to-day movement of all freight based on routing guidelines and/or direction given by the Distribution Manager.
- Arranges the trucks to pick up at our Scotts locations/vendors. Posts loads on Google/Email or C3 Reservations for the carriers.
- Tracks these shipments until they are delivered to location(s).
- Follows up with sites for incoming shipments and tracks ontime delivery.
- Resolves any discrepancies with Transportation and Customs.
- Tenders outbounds loads to carriers, and creates shipments in TMS transportation system
- Maintains KPI’s on transport companies within SAP or manual spreadsheets.
- Ensures those stats are maintained and updated on the weekly KPI distribution list.
- Ensures that all orders and loads are distributed to the proper shipping sites for execution.
- Maintains a log of all expedited inbound/outbound loads.
- Works directly with specified shipping sites to make sure all orders are on time and shipped based on the latest ship date in SAP. Works with the sites to follow all routing procedures with our customers.
- Makes sure all sites follow month end requirements and all orders are PGI.
- Produces reports to track orders shipped and makes sure all appointments are met with the customer(s).
- Returns Goods Authorization’s/Return to vendor/Samples
- Works with Customer Service to arrnage pick up of RA’s and provides the proper carrier.
- Tracks all Returns for costs
- Maintains all costs for inbounds shipments and works with Management to provide weekly updates on freight costs actual vs budget.
- Enters all required information through the SAP system from GM sites or outside vendors.
- Ensures that all goods are received and verified.
- Acts as a contact with our customs broker, and assists with any inquires they have with our shipments.
- Prepares documentation for the exports (i.e. Bill of lading, Export or Import documentation when needed, declaration and NAFTA certificate).
- Training with all sites on new shipping procedures and Customer procedures.
- Works with the Planners on all rework projects and tracks costs to compare budget vs. Actual.
- Processes Chep Pallet invoices and verifies counts for all sites monthly and reports and issues.
- Actively participates in Distribution process improvements.
Skills and Qualifications:
- College diploma or minimum four year’s experience in a transportation, logistics or customer service capacity, preferably within a packaged goods environment, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Previous Distribution experience.
- Familiarity with Canada Customs Regulations and Procedures
- Superior communication in English and interpersonal skills reflecting ability to communicate professionally with internal and external people.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment with multi-functional stakeholders.
- Advanced skills in Word, Excel and Access and intermediate skills in SAP.
- Superior time management – ability to manage self, time and priorities and ensure all deadlines are met.
- Ability to adapt to all situations and work independently, make decisions where appropriate, and meet predetermined and unexpected deadlines.
- High level of attention to detail and high level of accuracy in quality of work .
- Must exhibit critical thinking and superior analysis skills to interpret data.
- Strong problem solving capabilities with a proven ability to analyze and make recommendations.
- Strong customer focus.
- Effective planning and execution skills.
- Physical demands are mainly those normally associated with other support positions in the company e.g. standing, walking and sitting, often for long durations at the computer.
- Works the standard schedule of 37.5 hours per week; however, job requirements will include additional and/or extended work time as the business dictates.
- Works in a well-ventilated modern office with natural and artificial light exposure.
Complies with all Scotts policies and procedures including Health & Safety