Position: Director, Offshore Procurement
Location: Brampton, ON
Description: The Director, Offshore Procurement role is responsible for developing and executing offshore sourcing strategies that maximize margin and profitable sales for each Loblaw division. The role will identify and develop the infrastructure required to effectively support the sourcing strategy for the segment along with the leadership & management of the global sourcing team. In addition to increasing margin and profitable sales, this person (group) is also required to bring innovative products forward.
- Collaborate with the category business units and brands team to develop long-term strategic plans to improve the company’s market position, competitive position, sales and profit. Setting annual goals for sales/new products by category team.
- Lead the development of sourcing strategies, ensuring they support the category needs.
- Develop, monitor and manage within annual operating budgets.
- Complete ongoing financial analysis to ensure offshore sourcing delivers anticipated financial benefits.
- Develop, communicate and continually refine Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and score sheets for supplier accreditation.
- Support category teams in locating, vetting, selecting, assessing risk and managing offshore vendors. Including assisting in the negotiation of contracts with offshore suppliers.
- Work collaboratively across business units, strategic vendors and Supply Chain to ensure integration, planning and optimization of offshore product sourcing and flow.
- Develop offshore a Direct Sourcing Strategy as required to improve segment profitability.
- Partner with the procurement teams at T&T and Arz Fine Foods, looking to reduce the COGs and increase profitability.
- Support and develop strategies together with Canda/QNF to drive distribution opportunities
- Ensure all government regulations pertaining to offshore sourcing are understood and followed throughout the company and by suppliers.
- Understand and attempt to minimize Duty payments for all goods.
- Provide leadership and development of 6 direct reports
- Take responsibility for Key Measures (Performance indicators):
• Sales, gross profit, gross margin and contribution for all offshore sourced products
• Offshore supplier quality and on time performance
• Offshore supplier risk assessments
• Inventory GMRI, inventory quality
• Customer satisfaction, employee engagement
• Margin improvement (lower costs) on all resourced SKUs
Skills and Qualifications:
- 5+ years of global procurement
- 3+ year of international Business
- 2+ years of commodity trading
- 3+ years of sales experience
- Leadership & management of direct reports
- Ocean and Air Transportation experience an asset
- Frequent Travel is required
- Multitasking with advance level of initiative and judgment
- Courtesy, tact and diplomacy are required in dealing with Colleagues and Vendors from different Countries
- Multiple Languages (English/Spanish/Italian/Mandarin assets)
- Understanding of Customs import process and duty
- Understanding government Relations and knowledge of food regulations
- Post-secondary Education. MBA is an asset