Company: Nissin International Transport
Position: Customs Entry Writer
Location: Elk Grove Village, IL
Description: Working in a team office environment, the Customs Entry Writer will perform a high volume customs clearance processes on key customs brokerage accounts, participate in a dedicated customer effort with continuous challenge and be responsible for final delivery of customer cargo.
This position requires strong individual customs entry processing skills, and knowledge of proper classifications (FDA, OGA, HTS, ABI) and government agencies.
- Entry writer for a Customs Broker
- Responsible for daily entry review and classification of General Merchandise
- Entry documentation including 7501, 3461.
- Specialize in RLF & All Entries.
- Provide necessary documents to other government Agencies
- Prepare customs brokerage file
- Verify arrival information with Airlines/NVOCC’s/ Steamship Lines, etc.
- Rate commercial invoice with tariff numbers
- Verify country of origin
- Data Entry & transmit to Customs
- Prepare entry documents for Customs approval and Duty payment
- Prepare delivery order, send to trucker, verify receipt
- Prepare billing package, bill file, email/mail to clients
- Advise importers of any areas of tariff classification, regulations and procedures.
- Ensure that all entries are filed on time and freight delivered in a timely manner in accordance with company and customer expectations.
- Provide superior customer service
- Faxing, photo copying, filing
- Other duties as needed
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 1 year experience Import Brokerage experience
- Minimum High School diploma, AA Degree preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Measurable experience with PC applications (MS Office)
- Must be familiar with rating freight invoices (buy/sell rates) & communicating with overseas agents
- Understand basic supervisory approaches for work direction, motivation, and disciplinary action.
- Attention to detail and commitment to error-free work.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must have strong math skills