Company: AIT Worldwide Logistics
Position: Customs Entry Specialist
Location: Ithaca, IL
AIT Worldwide Logistics is currently seeking a Customs Entry Specialist. The ideal candidate will have Customs Brokerage/Import/Export or CHB entry writer experience, as well as one year of customer service/general office/data entry experience.
Since 1979, AIT Worldwide Logistics has been instrumental in assisting companies to make solid transportation decisions. Always believing in providing value to the shipping community, AIT retains the clarity and integrity of our clients’ requests during each stage of the transportation process.
Our exceptional growth has been an impressive accomplishment measured by building a network of 46 nationwide offices and employing over 700 people. We provide an exceptional work environment encompassing dedicated people, reliable leading technology, and strong strategic partnerships.
- Administrative tasks in the import operations department servicing the client and their suppliers, providing customer service as well as maintaining revenues from the client base and contracted vendors.
- File break/down, classifying data entry, photocopying, scanning and some assembling of entries.
- Auditing commercial documents, applying harmonized tariff schedule code for accurate duty assessment and to ensure all federal requirements are met.
- Document review and assessment of accuracy, verifying country of origin/export, IOR, terms of sale and value to ensure that compliance and federal regulation requirements are achieved.
- Daily follow up on documentation discrepancy issues which requires the ability to troubleshoot and communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with customers and foreign origins.
- All other tasks as assigned by supervisor and or manager.
- Position may require a weekend schedule on a department rotation basis and not limited to working a holiday schedule based on the needs of the operation and requirements of the account.
Skills & Qualifications:
- A minimum of one year of Customer Service, General Office, or Data Entry experience
- A high school diploma or equivalent certificate
- College Degree preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Accurate and rapid data entry
- Strong attention to detail, and ability to multi-task
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven organizational skills
- The ability to project a professional image to the customer and to represent AIT in a positive manner.
AIT Worldwide Logistics offers:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Account, Voluntary Life and AD&D, and STD, LTD
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Great Opportunity for Growth
- High Energy Atmosphere