Company: Best Buy Canada
Position: Customs Compliance Specialist
Location: Burnaby, BC
Description: Reporting to the Senior Manager, Indirect Tax, the main objective of the Customs Compliance Specialist role is to provide Best Buy Canada Ltd. with timely, complete and accurate customs compliance, reporting and advisory services. This role will be for a one year full time contract position.
- Collaborate with the BBYUS Customs Compliance team to identify issues, establish guidelines, develop processes, implement best practices and drive local projects.
- Advise BBYC associates (i.e. accounting, legal, tax, vendor management, inventory and non-inventory) on all customs related matters, provide customs training/documentation on processes and issues as required and help resolve shipment delays/discrepancies.
- Develop and conduct audit of import transactions including processes and controls.
- Identify opportunities for the recovery of duties and taxes and file accordingly.
- Liaise with Customs Broker on customs and clearance issues, with vendors on import/export requirements and with the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) on all customs related matters including customs audits.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Customs/International Trade or related field required
- 2-4 years of Customs Brokerage or Importer environment experience required
- Expert knowledge of Customs’ regulations, Rules of Origin (i.e. NAFTA), Valuation, HS classification (General Interpretative Rules of the Customs Tariff), B3 Entries, B2 Refunds, Duty Drawback, ruling requests and customs related documentation
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Strong computer skills (MS Office, SharePoint, Retek)