Position: Customs Compliance Coordinator
Location: Westampton, NJ
Description: The purpose of the job is to secure the day to day operations in import and export compliance and operations taking into consideration processes, organizations and solutions for North America.
The Customs Compliance Coordinator supports the business by coordinating compliance functions with operational functions and ensuring entry accuracy and compliance. Ensure compliance through pre and post entry process with an emphasis placed on data analysis and the use of technology to facilitate compliance and operations.
Providing support during preparation of audits as well as during audits will be an important part of the job.
- Compliance and Operations
- Supports North America compliance and operational teams in both United States and Canada or any other country that may be added in the future
- To support compliance tasks to secure efficient and effective internal controls and compliance to internal and external rules and regulations
- Support the development, implementation and documentation of working methods across Compliance and Operations
- Ensure Control and Operational Manuals are maintained for assigned tasks in an optimized and standard way
- Support and maintain Special or Trade Preference program documentation in accordance with regulatory requirements
- Support activities associated with research and management of classification, valuation, ADD/CVD functions
- Continuously perform internal reviews and audits of entry data to evaluate entry accuracy to identify control weaknesses, develop solutions and implement improvements
- Support and maintain drawback functions as necessary
- Interface with other key IKEA departments impacting Customs functions/operations
- Support binding ruling processes and research tasks.
- Maintain systems registries and tables necessary to ensure compliance at time of entry
- Manage quantity discrepancy reporting (QDR) process. Manage system, updates and audit tools necessary to maintain compliance in the area of QDR. Manage Handling Material (Pallet Tender) process. Manage updates and tools necessary to maintain compliance in this area.
- Support post entry processes and manage related documentation and systems to ensure interfaces with audit trails, drawback and QDR processes
- Support operational team with day to day requests regarding compliance related questions associated with imports and export entry requirements to ensure entry compliance and prevent post entry work
- Support customs house brokerage requirements and manage post entry processes with brokers
- Functions will require professional interface with external service providers and US Customs Officials
- Audit Support
- Participant in and support internal and external audit functions
- Participant in and support internal entry and audit reviews for accuracy and associated reporting
- Maintain audited and associated materials to ensure audit trail is secured
- Prepare any assigned presentation material for audit purposes
- Maintenance of assigned areas of Control and Operations Manual
- Other management and support based on management and audit requests
- Project Support
- Participate in and/or lead compliance and operational projects, e.g. system roll-out, training, process improvement initiatives and certifications as assigned
- 1 to 5% domestic and international travel. Travel to other offices will be occasionally required.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Preference is 4 year college degree or at least four years of experience from import, export and/or customs regulatory operation
- Demonstrable knowledge of the Customs Entry process
- Licensed Customs house broker preferred, but not required
- Strong decision making skills resulting in the ability to influence and take action
- Proficient to advanced knowledge and use of Microsoft office tools, especially Excel and Access. Proficient with current technology and hardware
- Strong attention to details
- Strong data analytical and problem solving skills
- Work independently as well as with others in a fast paced environment
- Good ability to document and communicate in a clear way, regarding manuals and working methods
- Ability to exercise tact, restraint and discretion in critical issues and situations
- Good knowledge in both speaking and writing in English