Company: VF Corporations
Position: Coordinator – Customs Compliance
Location: Nashville, TN
Description: The primary responsibility of the Coordinator – Customs Compliance is to review, communicate, and implement regulatory requirements to ensure compliance with customs activity. Additional responsibilities include preparing import/export accounting analysis and journal entries, cost value statements, auditing records, and keeping current with import/export governing laws and regulations. They will also ensure that all documentation is in compliance with all import/export regulations.
- Reviews, communicates, and implements necessary processes within Imagewear to ensure compliance to the ever-changing USA and International regulatory requirements associated with importing and exporting textiles and apparel. Includes but not limited to proper valuation of merchandise, determining qualification of merchandise, and providing necessary tariff and non-tariff barriers for various country markets.
- Serves as expert and audits custom entries for compliance and takes necessary actions pursuit to the results. This ensures compliance and provides necessary documentation to demonstrate due diligence, as required by trade regulations.
- Assists with implementing and/or improving processes that support the business strategy as it relates to import/export and compliance to all applicable regulatory requirements. Also informs management of existing or upcoming regulations that may impact the business strategy.
- Responsible for analysis, preparation, and reporting of financial impacts associated with import/export activities.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 3+ years of related professional experience
- Bachelors degree in accounting, international trade, supply chain or related field of study
- Brokerage license preferred
- Experience with customs regulations, finance, import/export, preferably in manufacturing
- Ability to read, interpret and communicate regulatory text/documents to ensure regulation compliance is maintained
- Must be able to research various platforms (internet, regulatory documents, etc.) in order to understand and communicate regulatory requirements
- Excellent computer skills (spreadsheet, word processing, database)
- Strong communication skills
- Effective organizational skills
- Detail orientated with the ability to prioritize work
- Must be able to work independently
- Quarterly travel both domestic and internationally