Position: Content Marketing Specialist
Location: Ottawa, ON
Description: Reporting to the Marketing Technologist and Strategist, the Content Marketing Specialist assumes a leading role as a strategic storyteller for the Forum for International Trade Training. With a background in content marketing, the Content Marketing Specialist supports demand generation functions as a component of the company’s content marketing strategy.
This position will have a direct impact on the aggressive growth trajectory of our online educational program.
This individual plans and strategizes on how to share customer-focused content on digital channels for specific customer personas.
What FITT offers:
Join the FITT marketing team to innovate and grow your career. We offer a forward-thinking marketing environment with industry leading marketing technology and strategy initiatives.
Other benefits include a comprehensive health plan and a flexible work-from-home policy after the probation period. We also encourage our staff to continue to develop their skills and allocate a part of our annual budget for personal development and professional training.
- Develop and manage an ongoing editorial content plan and calendar (strategic content roadmap) and foster the creation of externally-facing content. This planning includes detailing on velocity, tone, desired action, editorial guidelines and structure for all planned external content aligned with the company’s strategy.
- Function as a leader on storytelling, content strategy, content generation, and content sharing with the ability to support the marketing team with internal company education of the importance of a culture of content.
- Assist in the conception, development, testing, implementation and maintenance of digital marketing technologies.
- Assist in identifying opportunities for interactive content vs. passive content.
- Determine content objectives and communicate goals to subject matter experts and external writers, designers and other freelance talent.
- Write and edit customer-facing communication for digital channels.
- Handle multiple long-term projects at once with emphasis on achieving deadlines.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in marketing, journalism, technical writing or related field.
- 2 to 4 years of professional writing (blogging is a strong asset), editing, and social media experience.
- 1-2 years in digital community management with demonstrated LinkedIn and Twitter community management skills.
- Knowledge of web analytics and SEO for content optimization.
- Ability to produce copy under tight deadlines.
- Excellent proofreading skills and attention to detail.
- Experience in a technology start-up in a marketing role is an asset.
- Experience in identifying and implementing marketing technologies is an asset.
- Experience in CPC/CPM ad campaigns is an asset.
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS and graphic design software is an asset. Other scripting knowledge is an asset.
- Familiarity with structured content management systems (CMS). WordPress and Drupal experience is an asset.
- Able to collaborate across multiple departments and successfully work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders, customers, partners, vendors, and agencies.
- Team, people and communication skills with focus, energy and enthusiasm.
- Attention to detail, can-do attitude, artistic and creative ability.
- Courteous, responsive, accurate and competent.
- A strong desire to learn every day.
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- Resume and salary expectations.
- Cover letter.
- Links to published writing samples with breakdown of contribution.
- Link to personal or business blog with breakdown of contribution.
- Link to personal or business social network channels e.g.: Twitter and linkedin with breakdown of contribution.
- Links to any other visual content like video, images and infographics with breakdown of contribution.
- Mention of any demonstrable experience and success with marketing technology.