Company: C.H. Robinson Worldwide, Inc.
Position: Carrier Representative (May-June 2016 start) – Entry Level
Location: Vaughan, ON
The Organization: C.H. Robinson is a recognized leader in third-party logistics. We work with a diverse mix of customers—from Fortune 500 companies to startups— to help get their products to consumers around the globe. The fast pace of the logistics industry translates into a high-energy and collaborative workplace environment. You are empowered to make decisions, help our customers grow, and forge your own career path.
Job Desctiption: If you want to make an impact on how consumer goods, products, and food travel around the world on a daily basis, the Carrier Representative role at C.H. Robinson is for you! As a Carrier Representative, you will be developing, maintaining, and growing relationships between carriers and C.H. Robinson. Through this fast-paced, high-energy role you’ll make an impact on the global supply chain every day.
- Develop capacity solutions in order to effectively support our customer go-to-market strategy
- Utilize carrier analytics and other internal resources to make informed buying decisions
- Study and understand market trends and seasonality
- Maintain and grow relationships with carrier accounts including conducting account reviews and identifying opportunities for additional collaboration
- Resolve problems, including identifying issues, thinking critically, seeking input to determine the best course of action, and implementing solutions
- Manage load boards to match freight with carrier capacity
- Conduct calls with carriers to determine carrier availability and negotiate transportation rates
- Research new carriers in the marketplace, generate leads, and qualify new carrier relationships
- Understand the technology platform that C.H. Robinson offers to the carrier community and work to drive utilization with relationships
- Ensure that specific customer load requirements are met on committed and/or transactional shipments
- Provide consistent and exceptional service levels to contracted carriers and internal customers
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Strong ability to persuade, motivate, negotiate, and influence others
- Ability to thrive under deadlines and work in a team environment, while also delivering independent results
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Driven, enthusiastic, and highly motivated
- Ability to build strong relationships
- Strong prioritization skills, multi-tasking skills, and works with a sense of urgency
- High attention to detail and ability to multitask
Benefits: C.H. Robinson offers a competitive compensation package and excellent benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid holidays and vacation, disability insurance, life insurance, 401K with company match, profit sharing, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and the opportunity to prosper in a growing Fortune 500 company.
Join a vibrant team of employees worldwide who are accelerating their careers every day at C.H. Robinson.
Our dynamic Accelerator™ onboarding program will jumpstart your knowledge of C.H. Robinson and our industry, help you excel in our culture, and ensure your proficiency in our systems and processes. The first two weeks of your career will begin at one of our regional training centers where you’ll be immersed in an interactive and highly educational experience. You’ll then focus on learning at your local office for six months with a mix of activities, including elements to make you confident and skilled as you perform your job. You’ll come out of this experience ready to be a part of the success of C.H. Robinson. We want you to be more than a crucial element to our customers and carriers – we want you to be a high-performing member of our team.
Equal Opportunity EmployerApply now