Directs all activities of staff to ensure that the planned performance objectives, cost controls and service targets are met. To ensure customs compliance of DHL customer importations, expediting clearance, making DHL Express “First Choice” for current and future Customs international clearance needs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitoring daily performance targets
- Preparation of daily production reports
- Preparation of daily staffing reports
- Revision and design of process improvements
- Monitoring of release, entry, and accounting processes
- Customs rating LVS & HVS entries
- Tariff classification
- Import permit applications
- Import & Export documentation
- Internal & external client communication
- Updating client database
- Staff training and support
- Secondary School Graduation Diploma
- CCS Qualification
- Minimum 5 Years Brokerage Experience
- Experience in the Microsoft Office programs (Word, excel, etc
- Proficient in English verbal, written & organizational skills
- Able to work effectively under pressure
- Diligent attention to detail
- Strong analytical, data processing & financial aptitudes.
- Professional & courteous telephone manner
- Team player and strong problem solving skills
- Familiarity with OGD Requirements
- Proficient Data Entry skills
- Experience in supervising a staff of 8 or more brokerage employees.
- Experience in US import and export requirements.
- Experience in Canadian export requirements.
- Professional Canadian customs brokerage licence
- Knowledge of secondary language is an asset
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe we will gain through the recruitment and development of staff who represent the broad diversity of the Canadian workforce.