Border Compliance Analyst
As a Border Compliance Analyst, you will:
- Monitor work queue and organize workload to facilitate the timely submission of data to Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) and/or Customs and Border Protection (CBP).
- Review shipment documentation to identify or interpret data to be entered into Descartes’ proprietary web-enabled software application.
- Monitor work queue to ensure shipment acceptance by regulatory authorities.
- Interact with customers by phone or email to resolve issues and/or questions that arise.
- Monitor work queue and contact customs brokers based on the shipment’s estimated time of arrival (ETA) at the border.
- Handle other work assignments in other related Descartes departments as needed.
- Ability to perform shift work that includes both Saturdays and Sundays, and rotate between morning, evening and overnight shifts.
- Computer literacy and strong skills in Word, Excel and E-mail (Microsoft Outlook preferred).Good analytical, clerical and organization skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Team player.
- Willingness to work a limited amount of overtime.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure.